007 - Games & Jealousy

It was around 6:45 P.M. and Naomi was watching the girl's JV basketball team finish their game, getting ready for her game.

She was wearing her game uniform which was purple and black. Her jersey number was 3. The uniform was a simple tang top jersey and basketball shorts.

She was finishing lacing her game shoes when someone sat next to her. She reached up to tuck her loose hair behind her ears because her hair was braided but two bang strands refused to stay in the braids.

She looked over to see who it was. The boy smiled at her warmly.

"Long time no see stranger"

YangYang said and Naomi let out a soft chuckle.

"I thought you were only coming for Jaemin's game later tonight?"

Naomi asked and YangYang shrugged.

"Jaemin wanted to see you play tonight so I decided to tag along... what team are we against tonight?"

"A team from Jeju Island came down to play tonight, disappointing enough... Hendery is on the Varsity boy's basketball team"

Naomi said as she reached for her water bottle and she opened the lid to take a drink.

"And my brother isn't here to see me play either..."

YangYang understood what Naomi felt. He was only here to support his team. He couldn't play because he hurt his shoulder during a conditioning workout.

"Imagine if he secretly showed up... and then surprised you at the end of the night"

"Yeah... I wish that was how that worked... Yuta comes down whenever he has money and I saw him a few days back... he said he was going back to Japan pretty soon"

"Does he still play basketball?"

YangYang asked and Naomi nodded and looked at him, smiling softly.

"Yuta's the best on the team, unlike me... after a year of studying here, he transferred to his dream college in Osaka because he felt more at home and comfortable... I don't blame him, communicating 24/7 in a different language and being homesick are tough situations... I was raised here basically my entire life so I'm easily bilingual"

YangYang let out a laugh and he slapped his knee, inhaling to catch his breath.

"You sound like Ten Hyung Naomi"

Naomi laughed and she hit YangYang's shoulder, making the boy smile.

"Why are you even talking to me? Wait- let me guess... for Jaemin's sake"

YangYang hummed and shook his head.

"Nah, you're a chill person, plus I don't have an issue with you"

Naomi shrugged and the final buzzer rang which meant she got up and ran out as the JV girl's basketball left and her team started warming up for their game.

~~~

Once their game began at 7:30 P.M. she led their game the entire time. Jeno and Jaemin joined YangYang below and watched the game.

Jeno's eyes darted back and forth between the ball and Naomi herself. She was a pro at basketball and it was attractive.

Jaemin noticed this and he nudged YangYang and motioned his head towards Jeno.

YangYang looked over at Jeno before he looked at Jaemin and they smirked at each other.

~~~

Naomi's game passed by too quickly for Jeno's liking which meant it was Jaemin and Jeno's game now.

Naomi joined YangYang back at the benches after a while and she was breathing heavily.

"You are such a pro"

"It's nothing really, just a good trait I guess... came from my brother"

It got silent for a while between the two, getting loud when their team scored.

"Look at the way those two play"

YangYang finally pointed after a while of silence and Naomi chuckled.

"Weren't you supposed to be out there?"

YangYang sighed and nodded. His mood changed a bit but not enough to be noticed.

"I hurt my shoulder so I wasn't allowed to even participate tonight"

"Oh... I'm sorry YangYang"

YangYang waved it off as he watched his teammates play.

~~~

Naomi got up at the end of the game and she got her things together to leave because Jinx wanted to get ice cream with Jaemin who invited her to tag along.

She walked out of the gym and she ran into someone who was all too familiar. She looked up and her ex-boyfriend who shoulder-checked her and looked at her before he kept walking.

She scoffed filled her water bottle and organized her bag. She sat down to organize her bag and pulled out a hoodie that was too familiar. It was Jeno's hoodie but it was the only hoodie she brought with her, grabbing it blindly.

She sighed put the hoodie on put her bag over her shoulder and left the building but what she saw bubbled jealousy inside of her.

Jeno was making out with some girl against a wall and she felt unconscious tears roll down her cheeks. She felt the tears and she ran towards the dormitory building, not caring if Jeno heard her which he did.

Jeno stopped making out with the girl he was with and turned his head to see Naomi running away. Was she in a rush or was she genuinely upset?

Naomi got to her dorm and slammed the door behind her. Sliding down the door She burst into tears and sat there crying. Why was she so jealous of Jeno? He wasn't her boyfriend. She didn't like him. Her so-called hatred grew more. She hated him. She was gonna show it. She wasn't gonna let her shield fall. Not again.

 Not again