009 - Dress Shopping

For a while, Naomi couldn't stop thinking about how Jeno asked her to the Spring Formal to make it up to her for hurting her.

Her leg shook under the table while she was zoning out on whatever topic Jinx was going on about until she noticed how zoned out Naomi was.

"Are you listening Naomi?"

Naomi turned her face to look at Jinx who looked worried about her. She sighed and shook her head.

"No... I'm not okay, I feel like I'm going through a mental and identity crisis... what do I wear to Spring Formal? How do I approach Jeno-"

She clasped her hand over her mouth and scoffed at herself.

"I'm worried about a dress and going to Spring Formal with Lee Jeno"

Jinx reached over and rubbed Naomi's arm up and down, giving her best friend a reassuring smile that everything was going to be just fine.

"Whenever you go, if you ask the store attendant, I'm sure she would help you pick out the perfect dress if you showed her a picture of Jeno"

"I wanna wear a skirt to school! When was the last time you heard me say I wanna wear a skirt?"

Naomi asked. She was shocked at her statement while Jinx looked taken aback and Jinx managed to stutter out a few words.

"L-Like... Like middle school, I think..."

"Right! I've never been so confident about wanting to wear a skirt... for a guy! Buying a dress... for a guy! Wearing makeup..."

"For a guy!"

Jinx finished Naomi's statement and Naomi slapped the table they were at.

"Fuck! I'm head over heels..."

"It's... it's not a bad thing, he's just... not the... best... guy..."

Naomi sighed and ran her fingers through her hair and she shook her head in a panic

"What the hell is happening to me...?"

"You wanna be a girl Naomi... sometimes it's good to let your feminine side come out for a while and let the girl take over"

Jinx said and pointed at herself.

"For example, me... I was a tomboy when we first met and I figured out I enjoyed everything a girl does but it doesn't mean I don't enjoy what a tomboy does... I went on a date with Jaemin to the skatepark to teach him how to skateboard recently"

"Can you two just get together already?"

Naomi asked/stated and a blush formed on Jinx's cheeks and she laughed softly.

"We're still in the talking stage girly... admit you like Jeno and then I'll ask him out"

Naomi crossed her arms over her chest. She was the one who was now flustered.

"I'd rather Jeno ask me out than ask out a boy"

Naomi admitted and Jinx kicked her legs under the table, being careful to avoid kicking Naomi.

"Me too honestly... it's so much more romantic... and during a very romantic event like a dance or Valentines day..."

Jinx gasped and covered her mouth.

"Wah... Valentines day is in two weeks... I need to get Jaemin a gift"

Naomi chuckled at her best friends reaction for the time left that was remaining before Valentines day.

"I buy a dress and you gotta get Jaemin a gift"

"Deal!"

Jinx said and she hugged her best friend across the table who hugged her back and she sighed.

"I don't know what I'd do without you Jinx, you're literally my lifesaver"

Naomi said as she pulled away from the long lasting hug and Jinx smiled proudly.

"That's what best friend's are for right?"

Naomi laughed softly and she nodded with a smile forming on her lips.

"I guess so"

~~~
Naomi looked around at the many dresses feeling overwhelmed at the moment because she didn't know which one to choose.

A store attendant saw her distress and she walked over to Naomi and she smiled at her.

"Need help finding anything today?"

Naomi turned her head towards the lady who approached her and she smiled a bit.

"Actually... yeah... I have Spring Formal and I need to find a dress that will impress this boy"

Naomi pulled out her phone and found a photo of her and Jeno at the carnival.

The lady hummed and looked at Naomi before she started looking through dresses and gave her some options after finding her size and gave a dress to her.

"This dress right here will be perfect for you"

Naomi took the dress from the lady and her face lit up in excitement.

"Thank you... so much..."

Naomi said and ran to try on the dress and to her liking, it fit her perfectly.

~~~
Shorter chapter!

How do we feel so far?

I'm trying my best to write this book but I like the way its turning out