010 - Spring Formal Is A Mess

Spring Formal was something Naomi was not prepared for. She was running around her dorm in a panic while she struggled to get ready.

She was trying to put in her earrings while she grabbed her heels and she rushed to touch up her makeup.

"Oh gosh! Is he gonna like it?!"

She yelled at herself and she fluffed her hair and she sighed, letting herself breathe for a minute and she fanned herself lightly.

She took a deep breath and looked at herself in the mirror as she calmly clipped her earrings into place she grabbed her necklace and hung it around her neck.

She went to her bedside and put her heels on. She checked her phone and she felt relieved to see Jeno hadn't messaged her.

She could go to the dance and meet with Jeno. Simple enough.

~~~

Naomi finally reached the venue where the Spring Formal would be held and she went inside, looking around she got nervous, almost sick.

As she walked further into the venue she caught sight of Jaemin and Jinx who decided to go with each other after all. She smiled softly and then her smile faded into a face of amazement when she caught sight of Jeno.

He was in a suit and his white hair was fluffed out, barely covering his eyes.

She stood there for a moment until he saw her and he walked over to Naomi and stood in front of her.

"Hey"

Jeno said and Naomi cleared her throat, trying to get the words out of her throat.

"I- hey... you look really good tonight Jeno..."

"You do too"

Jeno said and showed her a genuine smile, making his eyes curl into crescent moons. She couldn't help but let her gummy smile take over her face with a slight blush.

"Thank you..."

Naomi said softly and Jeno reached for her hand, taking it in his own, he led her towards Jaemin and Jinx.

"Naomi! You made it!"

Jinx squealed as she leaped to hug Naomi. The two boys looked at each other and smiled about their dates.

Jaemin knew even Jeno could be a good guy and treat Naomi right if he would just admit it.

Naomi hugged her best friend back and tucked her hair behind her ear once they let go.

"I honestly wasn't expecting to see you show up at all tonight"

Jinx admitted, making Naomi chuckle a bit.

"You'd be surprised at how quickly I make a final decision"

Naomi said and she looked at Jeno and smiled, then Jaemin spoke up.

"Let's make tonight the most memorable and take lots of pictures, I brought my camera~"

Jaemin said and waved his camera around in his hands making Naomi gasp.

"I love that idea!"

Naomi said and she let herself go, clinging onto Jeno and the two couples continued their talks, sometimes dancing with each other to the catchy music, Jinx dropping it down low once or twice.

Jaemin got lucky with Jinx. He never knew how one innocent girl would wanna be with someone like him.

Jeno was even more lucky to get Naomi back and go to Spring Formal with her. He was mesmerized by how beautiful she looked tonight and wished he could see her like that more often.

~~~
The once catchy music slowed down which got all the couples inside the venue excited. Jinx and Jaemin headed out to the dance floor and held each other like they meant the world to one another.

Jeno looked at Naomi and held out his hand for her. Naomi looked at Jeno and smiled before she took his hand.

Jeno led her out onto the dance floor and he pulled her close to start slow dancing with her. The moment was perfect for them.

Words couldn't describe how much love the two felt for one another as they just smiled at each other their eyes speaking every word.

Naomi laid her head on Jeno's chest as they swayed to and fro. Jeno couldn't be happier. He thought that he had once more gained Naomi's trust.

The song that was playing was extremely romantic as well, being one of Naomi's favorite songs, she indulged herself in the moment, never wanting it to end.

Lights Down Low by MAX was the song playing. Jeno reached his hand up and placed it on the back of Naomi's head, resting it there until the chorus came on when Naomi decided to look at Jeno.

"Hey~"

Jeno said softly and Naomi smiled.

"Hey..."

Naomi said back softly and Jeno leaned closer. Naomi's heart picked up pace.

Naomi leaned in closer to Jeno until their noses were touching. They seemed so comfortable being this close in company to one another.

"Do you want to?"

"Don't hurt me again..."

Naomi said softly. Jeno pulled her in to kiss her when she panicked and pushed him back.

Not again. She didn't wanna get hurt again. She mouthed an I'm sorry to Jeno before she ran away and out of the venue.

Jeno was left there alone and he swallowed thickly as he tried to follow her out but he quickly lost sight of her

"Damnit!"

Jeno cursed out and he sighed, taking the tie off that was around his neck.

"So much for fun night..."

~~~

That was exactly what Naomi said when she kicked off her heels back at her dorm and she dropped onto the floor and she let out a sigh.

"You really pushed Jeno away?! You could've kissed him! You idiot!"

Naomi yelled at herself and she smacked her forehead. She hated herself for ruining Spring Formal for Jeno.

~~~

As for Jeno. He returned to his dorm earlier than expected. He entered without a care since Jisung was also at Spring Formal. He went to his room and he slammed his bedroom door.

"You are so fucking stupid Jeno! You tried to kiss her again?! Control yourself!"

He smacked himself across the face and he looked at himself in the mirror and frowned.

"Just admit that you love her Lee Jeno..."