011 - Fire Alarm

Two weeks later

The lectures were a total mess but Jeno and Naomi got their project presented successfully with lots of unheard-of tension.

Many of the students were in the middle of their lectures taking notes quietly.

Naomi was walking down the quiet corridor when she heard light footsteps behind her. She looked over her shoulder and stopped walking when she saw YangYang.

"Hey"

Naomi said and YangYang looked up from his phone that he was focused on and smiled when he saw Naomi.

"It's been a while"

YangYang said and walked over to catch up to Naomi who continued to walk with YangYang by her side.

"How was your project with Jeno? Rumor has it that there's been a lot of tension between you two since Spring Formal"

Naomi sighed, running her fingers through her hair and she nodded.

"So far in the last two weeks... he tried to kiss me during Spring Formal which turned into a mess because of it... he's been a total jerk and we barely passed our final for our lecture so I've been just wandering the halls... he's been making out with all of these girls and taking them back to his dorm-like he's a champ"

"I feel so bad for Jisung"

YangYang said as he clicked his tongue on the top of his mouth and shook his head. Naomi let out a laugh and shook her head as well.

The two walked outside. It was sunny and it was starting to get hot in Seoul. Spring break was right around the corner, a week from now and they would not only end their semester but be able to go see their families.

"I don't know... I'm thinking about transferring to Japan during Spring break to be with Yuta again"

Naomi said and YangYang shook his head at her with wide eyes.

"Grade transfers never go through. You would end up failing the semester altogether and have to retake every single class again and possibly get held back. You're far too close to graduation for that"

Naomi sighed and she nodded. YangYang had a point that may have convinced her. She wasn't paying much mind to where she was walking and she bumped into someone who spilled a drink on her. She let out a gasp and looked at her outfit before she bowed her head numerous times.

"My god... I'm sorry, I should pay attention where I walk"

She looked to see who the person was and to say the least. Drop-dead gorgeous were the words to describe this male.

"I'm sorry..."

The male apologized and he bowed his head.

"I was listening to music and I failed to pay attention"

The male pulled off his flannel and he went to give it to Naomi who hesitantly accepted. YangYang looked between Naomi and the male and he instantly felt the tension

"You are?"

"Renjun, I'm new here"

"Renjun... you're good Renjun, accidents happen sometimes"

YangYang kind of popped in mid-conversation and he stopped Naomi from getting Renjun's flannel dirty.

"How about instead of ruining a good clean flannel we let you go to the bathroom to get that cleaned up"

YangYang gave a smile to Renjun and Naomi gave Renjun his flannel back and pointed at YangYang.

"Good one, I'll be back"

Naomi turned on her heel and ran back into the University and to the bathroom. She grabbed a paper towel and started wiping her shirt off and she sighed.

"It's gonna be stained... I gotta take it to the dry cleaner"

She said to herself in a mumble. Her heard shot up when she heard the fire alarm go off and then she felt water start pouring down onto her.

"Oh my god!"

She yelled out and ran out of the bathroom and she looked around for the nearest exit but there was none. She ran down the hall, trying to get through the crowds of people.

She felt her panic rise until someone grabbed her wrist and busted through one of the doors, outside to the hot weather. She looked and saw who it was. It was Jeno.

Naomi pulled her hand away when Jeno looked at her and he scoffed.

"No, thank you?"

"Yeah, thanks"

She took off her now-soaked flannel and dropped it in the grass, a good ways away from the building that had the fire alarm going off inside.

Jeno sighed and followed her, grabbing onto her shoulder she shrugged him off.

"You can't avoid me forever"

"I can and I will. You have been nothing but an asshole to me recently"

Naomi said and turned her body to face Jeno who now went from looking pissed to looking in distress.

His hair was soaked which made him look attractive. He sighed and broke eye contact.

"You confuse me with how fast your feelings change"

Naomi scoffed and punched Jeno's arm.

"Me? My feelings? You think of yourself only! And I'm inconsiderate?"

Jeno stumbled back a bit with the punch he took in the arm and he looked at Naomi. He was gonna say something but he just stopped. He didn't want to argue with Naomi anymore.

"What are you doing this weekend?"

Naomi was caught off guard and she scoffed a bit.

"I'm going to Japan for spring break so I'm packing Friday night and leaving Saturday morning, I don't know why you care"

"I wanted to take you on a date!"

Jeno finally said and Naomi crossed her arms over her chest. Not believing a word he was saying.

"Thursday."