Makeshift Guardian

Tomura had been making good progress on finding out the names of Chisaki's associates. With Twice and Toga out in the field with the Hassakai members, that made it a little easier, admittedly.
He still managed to gather real names from the aliases, as well as the names of family members of a lot of the members, just in case it came to it.
The others all seemed to just let him crack on with it, even Dabi, who loved to get in his space and steal his attention even if it was at a poor time.

He only had to break his attention from his work occasionally to entertain Star while the others were busy themselves, or help her with her math work as usual.
Today was no exception. Everyone else was out, leaving Tomura with a sick ten year old. Dabi had tried to make it so that Tomura wouldn't have to do too much in his absence, making sure that she had painkillers and was dozing off in her room.
When he'd gone to check on her the second time, she was very much awake, curled up on herself, crying and hugging her stomach.

"What is it?" He asks with a frown. This wasn't looking like the migraine Dabi had said she was suffering with.

"My tummy hurts." She complains, curling up even more.

"It does?" Tomura asks, kneeling by her bed. "Can I touch you?"

She nods trustingly, and Tomura slowly reaches to brush her hair out of her face as carefully as he can. Once he can see her face properly, he presses the back of his hand to her forehead, curling his fingers into his palm to avoid any harmful touches.
Her temperature doesn't seem to be too high, but the way she flinches suddenly, clutching her stomach carelessly despite Tomura's deadly hands being on her.

"Be careful." He warns, trying to keep his voice soft.

People getting too clumsy around his hands always puts him a little on edge.
She just groans in response, her little eyes scrunching up in pain. Definitely not normal behaviour from her.

"How long ago did Dabi last give you medicine?" Tomura asks, folding his arms over the edge of her mattress.

"Before he went to work." She replies with a pitiful sniffle.

Tomura cranes his neck to look at the clock in the room. "Two hours..."

He returns his attention back to her, seeing that she's even trembling slightly.
Whatever it is, he hopes he doesn't get it. He really cannot afford to get sick right now, when everyone needs him to lead more than ever.

"Let me see what I can do." He says, patting her head.

He wanders off into his room, leaving the door ajar so he could hear if she calls for him. He heads straight for his bathroom, opening the cabinet door to run his eyes over the neatly arranged painkillers on the top shelf- far out of reach of the kid, just in case.
He reaches for the Advil, something he hadn't had to use for years now, but kept around on the off chance his body betrayed him, and pops out two of the capsules.
He's straight back to her room, kneeling by her bed once more, leaving the pills close to her and reaching to grab her water from the side to help her swallow them.

She thanks him quietly as she takes the tablets with huge gulps of water, handing him the glass and grabbing her stomach in pain again.
Tomura pauses, unsure on what to do, but settles on rubbing her back like he'd seen Dabi do before.

"Don't tell Dabi I gave you two of those." He orders, trying to make his voice sound softer than usual.

Really didn't want to deal with Dabi's over protectiveness over a situation that will be fine.

"We don't have secrets." She replies, her voice a little strained.

Tomura scoffs a little. He knew for a fact that Dabi was keeping secrets from everyone, especially Star. He wasn't sure what was so important for the scarred man to keep a secret, but knew that there definitely were secrets being kept inside that impenetrable wall Dabi had put up. .