22.

I was getting ready in my room, and Veer was about to arrive soon to pick me up

I was getting ready in my room, and Veer was about to arrive soon to pick me up. The evening event was scheduled for 7 pm, and it was already 6:15; I was running late.

After setting my hair, I took a final look at myself in the mirror and smiled, satisfied with the result.

Donning a black cocktail dress that reached my ankles, adorned with balloon sleeves, it exuded elegance.

I let my hair cascade down my shoulders, and a touch of minimal makeup completed the look. I looked beautiful.

The car horn signaled Veer's arrival. Grabbing my bag, I stole one last glance at myself, locked the door, and finally left home in heels.

Walking towards him, I found him standing in front of my house, leaning on his car, and engrossed in a call.

Lost in admiration, I didn't notice when he ended the call and turned to look at me.

Still lost in his gaze, I felt him pulling me closer, holding my waist.

"You look beautiful," he whispered softly, gently tucking some strands of my hair behind my ears.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You too," I replied.

"What? Beautiful!?" he gasped dramatically.

"No, silly, obviously handsome," I said, playfully smacking his head.

"Ow! I know, I know, I was just joking," he said, rubbing the spot I had hit.

Chuckling, I tiptoed and kissed his cheek.

"Is it okay now?"

"No, here too," he said, pointing at the other cheek.

I smiled and leaned in to kiss his other cheek.

Stepping back, I saw him smiling at me with heart eyes.

Our moment was interrupted by my ringing phone.

He groaned, and I chuckled, moving away from his hold to answer Shreesha's call.

She was coming with Ayansh.

After the call, I looked at Veer, who was already looking at me.

"Come on, we are already late. She is going to kill us," I exclaimed.

He nodded with a smile, opened the door for me, and I thanked him before getting into the passenger seat.

After closing the door gently, he walked to the driver's seat and started the car. We buckled our seatbelts, and I leaned back, enjoying the soft music already playing.

We didn't engage in much conversation during the drive, just some random talks.

Finally, after half an hour, we reached our destination.