30.

I reached home, parked the car, and walked towards the main gate

I reached home, parked the car, and walked towards the main gate. To my surprise, my brother was already there, engaged in a phone call.

I approached him and stood beside him, clearing my throat to get his attention.

He turned, and a wide grin spread across his face as he jumped up to hug me tightly.

I laughed and returned the embrace, teasing him to chill.

"We met after literally 4 years. I missed you, bhai!" he exclaimed like an excited child.

I patted his back and chuckled.

"How long have you been standing here?" I asked.

"I just arrived and was trying to call you, but you weren't picking up," he replied.

My brother and I have always been close, given our parents' busy schedules.

He's five years younger, practically a kid to me, and he acts like one.

"Okay, now get off me. Let's get inside," I said, and he laughed, releasing the hug.

"By the way, I have a surprise for you," he said with the same grin.

"What is it?" I asked, smiling as we walked inside.

"You'll know when they arrive," he replied cryptically.

I looked at him confused but shrugged, knowing he wouldn't spill the beans right away.

He headed to another room to freshen up, while I went to mine, desperately in need of a cold shower with my head still pounding.

After 15 minutes, I walked out, and Arush was still in his room.

I headed to the kitchen, deciding to cook something for both of us.

Before starting, I called Shreesha to check on her.

"Hello," she answered promptly.

"Hey, how are you feeling now?" I asked with concern.

"Yeah, I'm better now. Just had some painkillers, and we are currently watching a movie," she replied.

"Okay, enjoy then. Call me if you need anything," I said.

"Yeah, and by the way, did your brother arrive?" she asked.

"Yeah, he did half an hour ago. He's freshening up, and I thought of cooking something for both of us," I answered.

Leaning against the counter, a smile lingering on my face, she continued, "Okay, enjoy yourself and spend some time with him. I know how much you missed him."

"Yeah," I replied, chuckling.

"Okay, bye. I'll call you later. Love you," she said.

"Love you too," I replied, hanging up. Suddenly, I heard a clearing of the throat from behind.