1

I hear footsteps at a slow pace getting louder.

"I thought I would find you here."

I stay silent not wanting to out myself on where I am.

"Say something it may end better for you."

Don't give in to his magic, it will kill you.

"Girl, you can't escape me. You've lost everything, you can't run from me anymore."

Not as long as I have hope, at least I think I have hope. I hope I do.

"She's clearly not in here. She would have said something by now, or we would have heard her breath. Let's just move to the other room. We can check back here later."

"Fine, if she's in this room though I'll have you head."

"Ye- Yes sir."

I hear footsteps slowly getting softer.

Ok if I time it write I'll be able to teleport out, but we're would I go? Ack I'll figure that out later, I just want to get out of this horrible place.

I start to use my magic, my hands glowing a vibrant green with hints of purple, gold, and sliver in it. I feel a tingle as my body starts to disappear in a cloud of green and gold sparkles. I close my eyes and wait for the spell to complete.

"HEY! I FOUND HER, BOSS!"

I panicked and started to push the spell to go faster, and faster. The sparkles start to fly by faster and faster. I can see the man, or what I think is him running at me, I can only see his hands and eyes glowing a deep red because of the darkness that surrounds me as the spell finally works and the world around me turns black.

When I wake up the world is no longer in darkness, but a bright blue with fluffy white things in the air. Clouds I thought. As I sit up I see a few trees in the distance.

"It's best if I go over there, the trees are always kind to me."

I say to myself as I start my walk over. Suddenly I hear a song, a bird song! Oh it's been forever and a day since I've seen a bird! I look up to see a flock of birds flying over me, most likely a mix of doves, and cardinals. Most likely the littlest bird lands on my head and hops to my shoulder.

"Oh hello! What a pretty little bird you are. Oh you're absolutely beautiful!"

The little bird has gold, and purple ombre feathers on its wings.

"I'm walking over to that oak tree, would you like to join me?"

The lovely little bird chrips in reply.

"You would, oh great! I've been wanting someone to talk to."

I say, as I began walking over to the great oak tree. In a few minutes I reach it, upon reaching the tree I raise my hand and set my palm upon the tree, as the bark around my hand and my hand itself starts to glow green.

"Hello there, it's been quite a while since anyone has talked to you, hasn't it."
"Either way how are you?"
"Good, good."
"Oh me?"
"I can't exactly say the same, it's not going very well."
"Why?"
"Well my entire kingdom hates me and my parents are dead. At my fault!" I start to sob letting my hand drag down the bark of the tree as I slowly sing to my knees.
"I failed everything and everyone."
"Well it's because I was born with more than 2 types of magic. Everyone else has one type. But the royal family has two types. But I have at least 4!"
"What types? Oh well I guess I can tell you. Uhm I have Nature, Illusion, Dream, and I think I have Manifestation magic too."
"I know, it's strange having all of these magic types."
*Tweet, tweet*
"Oh, I'm probably boring you birded aren't I. Hmm we need to name you. What about Sperantia? It means the idea of hope."
Naming the bird gives me the comfort to stop crying.
*Tweet, Tweet!*
"Haha! Alrighty Sperantia! We should probably find a place to sleep for the night it's getting late." I say as I dust myself off and wipe the tears of my face.
I turn to face the oak tree.
"Goodbye my friend, I'll come back to say hello soon." I say sadness in my voice as I start to walk away.
'Sperantia starts to fly away towards the south'
"Sperantia stop! My friend slow down!" I yell as I almost trip down the hill.
*Tweet, weeettteet*
"Ohh do you know a place?"
*Tweet, tweeewtt*
"You do! Great! I'll follow you!"