8

_-_Lila's POV_-_

"You don't happen to be talking about 'The Darkness' are you?"

Mine and Lilith's heads whip back to see a dark skinned lady and a tall white man carrying a basket along with a small boy. We both scramble to our feet. Lilith starts to run up the hill and I pursue quickly.

"Girls we aren't going to hurt you! We just want to know what you were talking about!" The tall pale but tan skinned man yells.

We continued to run to the top not looking back. I'm not sure if they're still following us, but we don't look back. I follow Lilith as she climbs up the tree, I start to climb up behind her as she extends her hand for me.

"Hey! We wouldn't hurt you. We just want to know if you're ok. He isn't really nice to anyone. I know this because he hurt me pretty bad." A voice we haven't heard before. It must be that boy. He sounds so genuine about it too. Maybe we can trust him, and those other people.

I look at Lilith and she mouths something. I shake my head. She looks down and then back at me and whispers "Do NOT go down there."

I look back down and whisper back " Let's give them a chance." I start to climb down the tree, Lilith following me down after a second.

"My name is Lila this is Lilith, and the bird is Sperantia. Yes we were talking about 'The Darkness' he destroyed my inn, and attacked me." I said trying not to reveal too much information, for the fear of them working with it.

"It was after me." Lilith said remorsefuly looking down at the ground.

The boy turns around as the tall white man jogs up and has finally joined their group. He was most certainly out of breath, gasping for air.

"Dave we have extra sandwiches right?" The dark skinned women asked.

"Ye--Yep I made two extra ham and two extra turkey." He says while still gasping for air.

"Alright ladies how about we have some lunch and talk about what happened to you. Then we tell you why we asked. Does that sound alright?" She asked turning to face us, a kind and hopeful look on her face.

I looked over at Lilith and she met my gaze, and in some form of non-verbal communication we agreed on what to do.

"That's fine with us. Thank you." Lilith replied answering for the both of us.

"Ok, Andy would you help me set out the blanket, and food." The man Dave said putting the basket down.

Dave motions over for us to come sit down on the blanket with them.

"Do you ladies have any allergies?" Daleyza asked handing out the sandwiches.

"I don't" I said.

"Neither do I." Lilith added from next to me.

"Ok let's eat! I'm starving!" Dave said biting into his sandwich.

Daleyza laughed at this and we all started to eat.

As we shared our sandwiches, Daleyza asked about my inn, her eyes filled with concern. "What happened to your inn, Lila?" she asked, her voice soft.

I took a deep breath before answering, the memory still raw. "The Darkness destroyed it. It came out of nowhere, kicking down the door, like a mad man. It was all thanks to Sperantia that we escaped alive."

Dave leaned in, his brow furrowed. "Why were you running away, Lilith? You said you were trying to get away from The Darkness?"

She nodded, my gaze drifting to the ground. "I didn't want to put anyone else in danger. I thought it was the best option, but now I'm not so sure."