Baby Bump

I wore a long blue dress that hugged my hips and showed off my baby bump. It was a jersey dress with wide shoulder straps. A scoop square neckline and a split that came to my knee. I wore silver strap heels with it. Curled my hair, letting it fame my face. I put on light makeup a little lipstick. Mom wore a blue floral dress that covered her legs and her white dress shoes. I pined her hair up in a neat bun on top of her head, letting the rest fall where it was wherever it fell. I put little makeup on her like me. mom never cared much about makeup.

When I was done, I wheeled her out of the room. Rafe and Caroline wait for us in the living room.

"Here they are," Rafe says, his eyes traveling down my body. "Look how beautiful you look," he says

I smile. "You don't look bad yourself."

His tux is white with a blue tie to match my dress perfectly. The inside of his jacket is lind with the same blue as my dress. He wears a pair of white oxfords and a light khaki belt.

Carolina even looked nice tonight she wore a blue pants suit with a tank top with a lace neckline. Draped cardigan and straight long pants. She looked comfortable in her little flats she put with them. As always, her hair is done up in the neat bun, and her makeup is on point. Red lipstick and just the right thing of everything else. Making her look her age, not a day older or younger.

She takes mom's chair from me. "we ready," she asked

"I think we are Mrs Caroline," Rafe says, taking my arm in his

I was a little nervous as we got closer to the event. This would be the first time since the last ball anyone has seen me with Rafe, and I'm noticeable pregnant. Rafe squeezes my hand as we stop. I wait as they get mom out, and then Rafe reach in for me. Taking his hand, I take a deep breath. Here goes nothing. He pulls me out. Just like last time, a camera flashs in my face.

"OH my God, she's pregnant," I hear someone say

Rafe pulls me closer to him. "You alright?" he asked me

"Yeah," I answer

"Mr. Matthews is the baby yours, " someone asked

"Jesus," Caroline says

"Of course it's mine," Rafe says

We head toward the entrance of the building. I'm trying to dodge any more stupid questions.

"How far along are you?" someone asked

"Are the stores in the article your mother done true?"

"Is Mss Stone a paid girlfriend?" someone asked

I could feel the tears coming, and I tried desperately not to let them. But it hurt so much hearing them.

"Is Mss Stone a whore?"

That's what broke the damn as soon as the door closes behind us Rafe truns to me pulling me into his arms.

"Take Mrs Stone on into the pallor Mrs Caroline" Rafe tells her

"Yes sir" Caroline says

"Look at me" he says "Zoe" he cups my face so that I have to look up at him. Taking a couple of steps away from the door way "do you remember why I chose you" he asked I shake my head as he whips at my tears "because you were a virgin Zoe" he says

"But"

"No, no buts baby I didn't want a whore and you are most definitely not one never was" he tells me "when I saw you standing at the end of that bed that night. I knew right away you didn't want to be there. That job was not meant for you Zoe and that's why I offered you a way out"