Bitter-sweet

The letter came two days after. Giving us instructions on where the locker was and the next letter. In the next letter, just like the other instructions were to find the last letter. The last letter was his demands. A half million dollars, Zoe's panties, and a nude of her. Nothing changed. Even the request for a video of us fucking was in there.

This time though Metropolitan had a plan. I was to drop the bag off then step away from the locker. There was a tracking device implanted inside of the picture that I took of Zoe.

As before we watched as a young clocked figure retrieved the bag. One of the un uniformed officers then followed them closely. The rest of us waited for the drop off.

Zoe I know was on edge she was at home waiting for me to tell her everything.

"How long does it usually take" I ask Adams

"It depends on where they have to drop the goods at" she tells me

I nod

"The bag is being placed beside a stall" the guy that was following our mystery person says

"The lot of you get in to place" Adams tells them "Mr. Matthews please stand back"

I wait in the back of the black van while they do their job. I was getting a little impatient and nervous as I waited. When the back of the van opens I look up.

"Did you get him" I ask

"We got him" Adams says

"Are you sure it's the right guy"

"We're taking him down town to ask questions" she says

"Are you sure it's the right guy" I repeat

"We'll find out soon enough"

I ride with them down to Metropolitan. And when they brought him in my eyes darken as they set on Thomas Daniels.

"What have you done" I ask him

He gives me a fuck off look as they take him back to a small room for questions.

"You know him" Adams asked

"My brother in law, it's in the fials. I should check on Zoe" I tell her "when will the questioning start"

"They are in there now"

"Is there anyway I could listen in" I ask

"We have a two why mirror" she says

I nod "let me check on Zoe"
She nods stepping away so I can make my call

"Hey" Zoe answers

"We got him Zoe"

"David"

"He wasn't with him" I tell her "they have him in a room asking questions now"

"Rafe you don't think he" she doesn't finish

"No, no love, don't you think that way. David is still out there somewhere we're going bring him home"

"Can I come down there" she ask

"It's too dangerous love." I tell her "Zoe, I was right" I tell her

I hear her sob out "way would he do this" She asked

"Because I pissed him off" I tell her "I'll be there after awhile ok"

"Ok, I love you"

"I love you"

As I hang up I see Adams going into a room. I join her, she looks at me but doesn't say anything.

"We know you took the baby" one office was saying on the other side of the glass