Chapter 2

Alvar's POV

The crashing and yelling seemed to have stopped, so I peaked my head out of the kitchen.

The lobby was littered with ballpoint pens and books.

Why did Umber always do this to me? I sighed. Why did I always need to clean up Umber's messes.

After some pouting and self pity, I had a genius idea.

I should tell Ruy to clean it up! This was his job, after all.

I took out my walkie talkie. "Yo, Ruy. Mess in the lobby."

Within seconds, Ruy was slowly walking over.

"Why always me?" He whined.

+++

Gethen's POV

Ring-Ring-Ring-Ring! The phone woke me up from my well-needed nap.

These people were very needy.

"Neverseen Hotel's Concierge Service. How can I help you!"

"I would like pool towels delivered to room 202. And one of those coffee things." Then the phone beeped and they were gone.

So rude.

"Ruy. Towels and Coffee things for room 202.

"I'm a little busy!" He screamed. "Do it yourself."

Myself?

I scoffed. Slinging pool towels over my shoulder and grabbing those little coffees, I made my way to the elevator.

After a long wait, the doors slid open, revealing a large group of people with huge suitcases. "Sorry, it's full," They told me, not sounding sorry at all.

I hit the button and waited for the next elevator.

Again, the doors revealed another full elevator.

And another. [This actually did happen to me once, but I had the suitcases and couldn't go down the stairs. I waited for 30 mins. TwT]

More full elevators came and went.

The towels felt heavier on my shoulder, and the coffee pods were digging into my hands.

More time passed.

The doors of the next elevator opened, revealing Ruy standing inside. Well, more like Ruy and his giant cart. I groaned. "Um. You know there's a staff elevator, right?" He asked after I told him what happened.

"S-Staff elevator?" I stuttered. "You mean I've been waiting this whole time for no reason?!" "Yes, and the family waiting is getting grumpy. The front desk said they got a call wondering what was taking so long."

I ran into the staff elevator, and scurried down the hall to room 202.

The guy who answered the door took the towels and coffees from me, and shot me a glare before slamming the door in my face.

"HEY! WHERE'S MY TIP?" I called through the door.

"IT DISAPPEARED 10 MINUTES AGO!" He yelled back, and I heard footsteps retreating to the back end of the room.

Solemnly, I made my way downstairs.

"Ten people are holding on your line, Gethen." Alvar told me.

"WHAT?" I yelled, grabbing the phone and answering.

"This is the concierge, how can I help you?" I asked as politely as I could while freaking out.

"Wait, this is the concierge? Oops, wrong number." You could hear laughing in the background as they hung up. Crank calls. I took the next caller.

"This is the concierge, how can I help you?" I asked.

"I would like 2 microwaves, 1 coffee maker, and 3 of those mini soap things."

"Umm..." I said as I fumbled for a mini notebook and a pen, which I uncapped using my mouth. "Can you please say that again?" I said as clearly as I could through the cap. Unfortunately, it came out as a jumble. Thankfully, the customer understood. Or at least they thought they did.

"Yes, I'll get the towels by the door." They replied and hung up.

"WHYYYYYY?" I yelled at nothing in particular.

Alvar looked up from his desk. "Troubles, Gethen?" He asked, and I nodded my head. Not that there was anything Alvar could do to help.

"Have you ever miraculously remembered a customer's order?" I asked.

"Nope. You're on your own. Just guess!" Alvar smiled like he had just solved world hunger or something.

"But what if I'm wrong?" I whined.

"Eh, who cares. You'll never see these people again." He frowned. "Actually, you might. Oh, well!"

I pressed the button for the next caller.

And the next.

And the next.

I took notes on what each customer wanted.

I was becoming such a genius at my job.

I gathered everything into my cart and loaded it into the staff elevator.

Winding through the halls, I delivered every item in a timely manner.

I got back to my office an hour later. [That was not supposed to rhyme]