Chapter 7

Alvar's POV

Over the security camera's recording, I watched as the man walked into the laundry room. He strode over to the laundry bins and carefully sorted through it, carefully checking each one. He looked satisfied until he came across one with a nearly invisible splotch on it. Then he chucked the laundry over his head. He did the same with the next basket.

He then went on a rampage, chucking linen after linen over his head. After every linen was misplaced, he went into the storage cabinet and grabbed the box of oat soap. Grabbing a linen from the floor, he ran out of the room. I gasped in horror. Anything but my precious oat soaps!

A few minutes later, Ruy walked into the room. At the sight of the linens all over the floor, he gasped. And I had my "culprit." All I had to do was mess with the footage a little bit, and Ruy would be good as framed. Nobody had to know that I sent a guest in the linen closet. Because they would think Ruy did the whole thing. All I had to d0 was put my genius editing skills to work.

+++

"Left. Click." I said to myself as I tried to maneuver that horrible editing software. It was not working in my favor. How hard could it be to turn the hotel guest into Ruy? I only had an hour before I had to show Fintan what I had "discovered." And if I didn't have this together by then, I would be in deep doo-doo.

+++

Fintan's POV

Alvar walked into the meeting room, clutching his computer with a death grip. He looked nervous. Huh. Strange.

"Did you find the culprit? I asked.

"Of course," Alvar assured me. "I have the evidence!" He pointed to his computer. But I soon noticed that his hand was shaking. My suspicion rose.

"Is everything alright, Alvar?" I asked.

"Unfortunately not. The video won't play. Tragic." Alvar sweated.

"Let me try," I told him. I may act like a softie, but I won't be fooled. So I knew Alvar was playing with me. I clicked the play button. "Oh, look! It worked."

With surprise, I watched as Ruy entered the linen closet. Was he the culprit? How could he? I was tempted to run out of the room and fire him right then and there. But, upon further examination, there was something off about his appearance. Very off, actually. His head was much too large for his body, making him look like one of those bobblehead thingies.

"What's wrong with his face?" I asked.

Alvar put his hand on my shoulder. "I know you're angry, Fintan. But it's not right to make fun of Ruy's appearance."

I made a face. "Something's off with this, Alvar. Figure it out, then come back to me. There's nothing worse than bad video quality."

Alvar nodded, but looked a little too happy. But I'd deal with what was going on with him later. Right now, I had to talk to Ruy about his unacceptable behavior.

+++

Alvar's POV I was so relieved that Fintan hadn't caught me. For a minute, I really thought he'd known what I'd done. But thankfully, he wasn't onto me. Yet. But I shouldn't get my hopes up.

At least I could improve my editing job before Fintan got suspicious. With that thought, I happily skipped to my office.

[A/N: Sorry for the late chapter! I hope you liked it!]