Chapter 14

Gisela's POV

Everything was going downhill. And it was all Fintan's fault. You never saw any of this crazy stuff happening under my watch!

It was time for Fintan to be done. I needed an epic "prank" and I needed it badly. There is only one person fit for the job. Gethen.

Gethen's POV

"WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?" Gethen yelled when he heard what I was planning.

I shrugged innocently. "Are you going to do it or not."

"NO. No way." He backed away, his hands in front of him like stop signs.

"Do you have another plan?" I asked.

"Make your own, Gisela." Gethen told me as he left the room.

Don't worry. One thing I knew about Gethen is that he would always eventually come around. He liked Fintan just as much as I did.

I put together the supplies for my epic revenge–I mean prank.

I started by putting whoopee cushions under all the chairs in Fintan's office. Whenever someone sat down... LOL. It couldn't always be a coincidence, could it? It had to be something wrong with Fintan!

Step two involved even more genius. I needed to make something that would make the owner of Neverseen Hotels never be able to forgive Fintan.

One time I got in trouble for "accidentally" dropping a few things in a guest's room.

Hey! It wasn't my fault that the fridge was hanging from the suite's chandelier! And it was definitely not my fault it fell.

There was only one way to achieve my solution: Dress up as Fintan and crush stuff.

I grabbed a sledge hammer and I was ready.

In a low, Fintan-y voice, I yelled through the door. "Yo, it's house cleaning. I would like to give you a complimentary cleaning by myself, Fintan Pyren. Please come back in no sooner than an hour. I, Fintan Pyren, approve this message." I opened the door, and the guest promptly walked out.

I'll spare you the details of the room's murder. But don't worry! I only destroyed what looked like the guest's personal belongings. Plus a few pillows. I smiled and left with my sledge hammer and a newly acquired cell phone.

I patiently waited to see what would happen when the guests came back.

After a half hour, guests walked into the lobby.

"Our room!" A woman cried.

"It died," A man sobbed.

"WAHHHH!" They said in unison.

I smirked and tried to look like I wasn't listening when they passed by. They reached the front desk, and I had to refrain from launching out and stopping them. I didn't expect my prank to punish innocent people!

"Miss, you must help us!" The family said.

"Mhm." Umber didn't even look up from her book.

"Our room–It was vandalized!" "Oh, no." Umber said automatically.

"Can you... uh... help us?" The man asked.

"No. Deal with it."

Alvar ran to the desk. "I'm so sorry for the loss of your room. How can we help?"

"Weak," Umber muttered under her breath.

"FINTAN DID THIS!" The woman shook with rage. "HE NEEDS TO PAY!"

"We swore to never come back after what happened last time," The man continued.

Alvar gulped. "Oh... How lovely."

"You'll pay for this," The woman told us. She took our tip jar and walked away.