Chapter 11

Gethen's POV

We got another 1-star review. And, according to the reviewer, that was because there was no zero star option. I should really tell Fintan to add one. Maybe it would make people be more impressed with our hotel. I was about to march to Fintan's office and make the suggestion when Alvar came in. He looked angry. Uh oh.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Someone asked the concierge service for oat soaps. Again. I already told them we're out!" Alvar vented.

"Shame." I said, then brightened. "Did they specifically ask for the oat soaps?"

"No." Alvar scowled. "But that's the only soaps we have left."

"Does that mean we have no soaps? Total?"

Alvar nodded gravely. "We fear what will happen next. People keep asking for soaps!"

"So give them a brick! They'll never know the difference!" It seemed so obvious, I couldn't believe Alvar hadn't thought of it already.

"Of course they'll notice!" Alvar argued.

"Why should I care? Do something!" I rolled my eyes. Alvar could be so high matinence sometimes.

I left to answer more concierge phone calls.

"Hello, person. I am calling to alert you that your house broke. Our shipping service needs you to go to www.totallynotascam.com. Thank you." With a click, the caller hung up. And I freaked out.

"FINTAN!" I yelled, and he came running.

"What is it, Gethen?" he asked as he arrived, out of breath. "Did something happen?"

"I think so." I explained the phone call and what I needed to do. To my surprise, Fintan looked suspicious.

"Are you sure you aren't getting scammed?" he asked.

I nodded vigorously. "Why would anyone lie about that?"

Fintan narrowed his eyes. "Uh, to make money."

"Off awesome old me?" I asked. "Nah. My house must actually be broken. How kind of them to tell me about it! Should I go on the website no?"

"No." Fintan ordered.

"But... my house." I'm not gonna lie, I felt kind of hurt that Fintan didn't care about my personal life.

"You're on the job. Work. Next time, only call for me if there's an emergency." With that, Fintan stalked out. Rude.

I was tempted to go on the shipping service's website right then, just out of spite. But, like a good employee, I refrained. I had a coffee break in 5 minutes, after all. Just then did I realize that I forgot to ask Fintan about adding a "zero star" review option on our website. Dang. Next time.