Chapter 6

Alvar's POV

It was a busy day. Which was a shame, since many customers yelled at me. Alvar, do this. Alvar, do that.Like I don't have a life! And Fintan being back was also cramping my style even more. In short, I was having a bad day. At the end of a bad week.

"Alvar! We need more bread!" Fintan ordered from across the room.

"On it," I replied with a frown. I was terrible at shopping online. And it was only a matter of time before Fintan found out and I would be moved to another department. Probably the kitchen with Brant and Trix.

"Are you doing what Fintan asked?" Umber asked, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Yes!" I half-told her, half-screamed as I immediately typed in the item I needed. Fintan said flour, right? Nodding to myself, I bought a few bags.

"Ring-a-ding-a-ding," The phone screamed at me. Not only did I have to do my own duties, but I had to do Gethen's too. It's not my fault Gethen's bad at his job!

"Hello! This is the Neverseen hotel concierge service. How can I help you?"

"I would like fresh towels in room 301." They told me.

"Do you know where the laundry room is? GET IT YOURSELF!" I slammed the phone down. Umber glared at me.

"You know, this is supposed to be a five-star hotel." She told me.

"Says you," I said smugly. "You've gotten more than one warning from Fintan and Gisela."

"Um..." Umber's eyes were fixed on something in front of the desk. Sure enough, there was a customer.

"Oh. Hi. What can I do ya for?" I asked in a southern accent. This job isn't fun if you don't get to play around a bit.

"I would like to check out early." He frowned.

"Why?" I asked.

"Your service wasn't what I thought it was." He responded.

What was he talking about? Our service was amazing.

"Do what you want," I forcefully took the key card from his hands. "Enjoy the rest of your day."

The man left with his luggage.

"Hello, Alvar," Gisela appeared out of nowhere. "We need help in the laundry room. Some caused a lot of ruckus in there. I heard something about shredded linens."

"I have no idea how that happened," I lied.

All of a sudden, Ruy came running from one of the halls.

"The soaps–they're gone!" Ruy cried.

Everyone gasped.

"Not to worry, everyone! I have the security footage right here!" Gethen announced. He–unfortunately–had bounced back pretty quickly since the soap-eating incident. Gisela clicked play on the video, and I was surprised to see me in the image.

Gethen knew about my bad service. And he would show everyone.

I slammed the computer closed. "You know what. Everyone here is so busy. It's not fair to put this all on you. I'll find the culprit, and they will pay."