Chapter 9

Fintan's POV

I had barely stepped foot in my office the next morning when I was met with the most disturbing news.

Gethen ran into my office in a panic, skidding to a stop in front of my epic rolly-chair. Good thing he stopped in time, because he would've paid for the damage.

"Fintan, the oat soaps–they're gone!"

I shot up from my chair. My precious oat soaps. How could they have gone missing?

"How come no one told me?" I demanded.

Gethen paled. "We just found out, sir."

I grunted. "Do you know where Alvar is? I need to talk with him."

Some color returned to Gethen's face, and he looked almost gleeful as he pointed down the hall. "He's in his office, that way."

I stormed into Alvar's office, preparing my best murderous glare. Alvar must've seen the soap getting stolen on the cams. They were stored in the linen closet, after all. How could he not have told me?

Alvar opened the door when I knocked. "Fintan?" He looked confused. But also nervous. I was instantly suspicious.

"May I come in?" I asked as pleasantly as I could.

Alvar nodded and gestured to one of the chairs by his desk.

"Is there anything wrong, Fintan?" Alvar asked. "It's been a while since you've come into my office like this."

"Yes. You might want to sit down for this." I waited until Alvar had seated himself before I continued. "The oat sops were stolen."

Alvar looked less surprised than I had hoped. "What? Not the oat soaps!"

"I was wondering, since you were the one who looked over the camera footage of the linen closet, if you had any idea about what was going on."

Alvar paled slightly. "Of course not! I would never hide something that huge from you!"

"That's what I thought," I agreed. "But I had to make sure, just in case. Thank you for your honesty." I stood to leave, but Alvar stopped me.

"Wait, Fintan!" He called just before I reached the door. "I... may have known a little about the oat soaps getting stolen."

Angry, I turned on him. "How could you have kept this to yourself? Those soaps were this hotel's pride!"

"I'm sorry! I just didn't want you to be angry with me!"

I scoffed. "Well, that ship has sailed." With that, I left the office, slamming the door behind me. Pulling out my walkie talkie, I turned it on.

"Gisela, please join me for a meeting in my office." I spoke into it.