18. Near miss

⚠️Trigger Warning: Description of dismemberment.⚠️

The team had their unsub. He had a motive. He had the opportunity. The only thing missing now was a location.

"Do we have a location?" Emily asked as she and the team got suited up, Aaron sitting down with Penelope.

"I've looked all over Arlington and I found nothing. He hasn't got a home or apartment. He hasn't got a place of employment." Penelope shook her head.

"Don't just focus on places connected to Travis. Locations connected to Natasha could also be useful." Matt noted.

"Okay. So, according to old social media accounts, the women's body parts were dumped at places of meaning to both Travis and Natasha. Teresa was dumped at the park that Travis proposed to Natasha at. Miriam was dumped at the local pool, where Natasha often practiced for her swimming competitions. Samantha was dumped in the bushes near the local movie theatre, where Travis and Natasha had a lot of date nights. We all know why Barbara was dumped near the bar." Penelope explained.

"So we have meanings connected to the dump sites. Use those locations to create a geographical profile." Spencer nodded.

"I hate to say this, but the only thing connected to Travis within the geographical profile is a P.O. Box. All of Natasha's former residences have been sold and occupied by other people and because she's no longer with us, she doesn't have a place of employment. If you guys have any other ideas, please let me know ASAP." Penelope looked up at the team.

"What about family, on both sides?" Tara asked.

"Good thinking! Okay, so both Travis' parents are deceased and he's now an only child because his brother died a few years ago in prison. As for Natasha, she was always an only child but lucky for us, her parents are both alive and they live...just outside of the geographical profile." Penelope told.

"Hold up- correction. Christina and Tristan Peterson own a piece of land that sits smack-bang in the middle of the geographical profile. There is a house there that Tristan built himself. According to conversations between him and his wife, Tristan planned to surprise Travis and Natasha with a new house as a wedding gift." Penelope told as she sent the address to Emily.

20 minutes later, the team were driving toward the address sent to Emily.

"Garcia, what happened to the house when Natasha died and Travis went to jail?" Matt asked.

"By the time Travis killed Natasha, the house was already built, just not furnished. There's only records to show that the house is still owned by Tristan and Christina." Penelope told.

With all information provided, Emily ended the call, talking to the rest of the team through the comms system.

"When we get there, we need to be weary that Travis will not negotiate. He cannot be persuaded to let Y/N go. Our best chance to ensure Y/N's survival is to make sure Travis doesn't see us coming. If we can surprise him, we can get Y/N out." Emily warned. Everyone agreed.

Eventually, the team reached the address. They turned off all sirens and quietly made their way into the house. The one thing they noted was all the junk scattered around. It was like a hoarder lived there. The one inconsistency with this home was the mix of classical music and screams that echoed from the bottom of the house.

Y/N
You weren't sure if you were going to make it. You had no idea how long you'd been taken for, and you had more injuries on your body now than you ever had. Each passing moment made you realise that maybe the team wouldn't find you in time.

A bright light being turned on woke you up. When you opened your eyes, you were met with a bright light that shone directly over your body. You blinked a few times, trying to get used to the light.