𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞: Catching the Eye

The day Renjun has waited so impatiently has finally arrived. He gets sold to a charming beta who claims to be a home economist of a COO pureblood alpha and wishes to gift Renjun to him as a birthday present. Hearing heartwarming stories from Jaemin, the omega slowly falls in love with his future mate Jeno, however upon meeting the alpha, he realizes that life is way more complicated than he was taught. And as if it's not enough, Renjun is also the one distorting it.

The moment the Aquamarine House shop door opened, Renjun sat up straight and lowered his eyes to his craft. Smiling from the corner of his lips, the omega continued stitching the fabric just as he learned. It was a little tablecloth full of colorful tiny flowers that Renjun spent days embroidering. Many of his friends complimented the work, therefore the boy wished alphas would notice his skill too.

The first customer of the morning appeared perplexed. Renjun stole a glance at the alpha when it got too quiet, noticing that the man just stood there and didn't know which omega to look at. Lady Brixil, the owner of the shop and Aquamarine House, gave the alpha a few more minutes, but then sent a beta assistant to help the customer out.

Renjun watched how the alpha was led to a few omegas and smiled, hoping his friends would get picked. He always did. Each time he or other omegas were put on display, Renjun heartwarmingly wished they could finally meet their happiness. However, he and others surely noticed how the alphas who came as early as the morning, just when the shop opened, didn't pick any omega.

"Darlings, don't get upset," Lady Brixil once said, and Renjun remembered it for quite a while. "All the morning alphas come here just to stare at your pretty faces to keep themselves entertained. Do you know why they come here early? Perhaps, they don't have jobs. Real alphas come here early in the afternoon, during their breaks, or in the evening! So, let us all hope for the better ones to come faster."

Renjun kept that in mind and looked away from the man, trying not to get his attention. He didn't want any jobless alphas around him. Although he was taught not to be prideful but sensitive to everyone around, Renjun knew his self-worth, and he was aware that after spending three years learning how to be a perfect omega, he should at least get an alpha with a stable job. Renjun was taught how to manage the household so he surely could help his future mate, but the alpha still needed to work to deserve a perfect omega such as him!

Unfortunately, the alpha appeared next to Renjun quite fast. He just checked the other omega beside, reading their plate, and then, seemingly finding it boring, shifted to the other suggestion. He stopped before Renjun and read his silver-colored plate that informed:

---------------------------------

Name: Huang Renjun

Nationality: Chinese

Age: 21;

Gender: male;

Secondary gender: pureblood omega;

Defects: birthmark on the back of his right hand;

Mental condition: very well;