𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫: Living in the New Home

Jaemin told Renjun where his room was located—at the end of the hallway, but the omega had no intentions of going to him, even when he had so many questions about this house and the work he would soon do. Renjun was taught impeccably, and one of the lessons he remembered well was to avoid going into other people's rooms if they weren't his mate or omega friends. So, private space, such as the beta's bedroom, was forbidden.

Speaking of rooms, once the beta was out of sight, Renjun stuck out his head to observe the hallway, spotting Jaemin's door and frowning. He remembered how Mr. Na told him about the formalities between him and the house owner. It appeared that the two didn't share a strict relationship. Jaemin was the home economist and, as Renjun understood, a cook, cleaner, and so on. He was like a butler, in other words. But his room was just one door away from the master's. He lived on the same floor, not a floor below. It was like he was on the same level as Mr. Lee's sister, who visited, but so rarely Renjun couldn't even feel her scent anywhere, although Jaemin claimed she was an alpha.

And, it seemed, he was on the same level as Mr. Lee's soon-to-be mate. Renjun already found it weird how Jaemin wanted to be his buddy by calling him by his name out of the blue, even when they were strangers. That a home economist calls their master's omega by their name shows how close he has to be to the alpha to feel brave enough to behave like this. He seemed to have a huge control in this house.

Although Renjun barely knew anything about the pureblood, he learned that he was a bit weird, but in a good way. He was unique. Not only did he have an unusual personality, his habits that became rules, but there was also something attention-capturing about his relationships with people. He seemingly had a hard time trusting other people to take care of his massive house. Okay, he fired the cooker and cleaner, but Jaemin remained. That meant the beta had everything that made him trustable to the point he was left to watch over the house by himself. Renjun wished to become another person Mr. Lee could trust.

The omega returned to his room, closed the door, and went to his suitcase. He unpacked his things, put the clothes into the wardrobe, stepped back, and stared at a peculiar sight. His clothes didn't even take up half of the space, only a tiny corner. He found it amusing. That meant there was more space for new things!

Renjun then spotted a door on his right. Getting curious, he approached it but stopped when he remembered that curiosity was bad for omegas. But he calmed himself down that the room was given to him, which meant the doors belonged to him too.

So, keeping that in mind, the omega opened the door and gasped. A bathroom! His temporary bathroom he'd use all by himself. Excited, Renjun checked each corner, his eyes admiring the gothic-style bathroom, especially the bathtub, integrated with a few modern things, such as a glass shower door.

A knock on the door startled the pureblood omega, who was about to turn on the water to see how it worked. He left the bathroom and was about to open the door, but Mr. Na didn't wait for it.

"Mr. Huang, when you're done, meet me downstairs," he said behind the door. "Let's check the kitchen and make something for ourselves."

Renjun was so used to a room full of omegas that sleeping in a spacey room he used all for himself was odd and frightening. As if the new place wasn't enough to blame, there was a storm outside. The thunder and wind together sounded like a whip, forcefully hitting the roof. The branches of a tree seemed like long and thin fingers, scratching the gothic-style window. It was raining heavily, the drops, although tiny, whacked into the window with every wave of wind, forcing Renjun to open his eyes each time.

His sleep quality was terrible, and the morning shower didn't help him feel refreshed. So, when he met Jaemin downstairs, in the kitchen he was already fond of after checking it the previous day and learning not to use the gas stove as it was dangerous for omegas, Renjun couldn't even lie. His face, even with little makeup, was the proof he had trouble sleeping.