𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱: Feeling Awkward I

Renjun heard Jeno walking on the second floor as he was on the first, cleaning a glass coffee table in the living room. His ears easily picked up the alpha's heavy footsteps, and he unintentionally remembered one of the rules. The omega knew that when the sounds upstairs would stop, he'd have to be extra quiet, as Jeno didn't like noises during his resting time.

Jaemin was also around, almost everywhere where Renjun worked, but it seemed he didn't speak to the alpha yet, as there were no differences in the master's behavior. Or maybe he did, but Jeno's decision remained, and he wanted Renjun out of his massive home.

It was the second day with the alpha home already, but the omega didn't run into the house owner even though he was working all over the house. It was obvious Jeno avoided going to places where the omega was present, and it wasn't surprising—he spread his scent around, making it easier for the alpha to go the opposite way.

Just like the previous day, Jeno spent hours in his bedroom, then at some point, went to the third floor, to his office. Renjun felt his scent when he went to open the windows, to let the fresh air in. The alpha seemed to be enjoying the third floor a lot despite the few rooms installed. The interesting part of the alpha's choice of areas was that he didn't go to the first floor at all. Later on, when they were cooking dinner, the omega heard from Jaemin that Jeno had breakfast in his bedroom and enjoyed lunch in his office. It wasn't hard to know he would eat dinner in one of those rooms as well. The thing that bothered Renjun the most was that Jeno let him dominate the first floor while not coming there. He was a pureblood alpha yet, he didn't care Renjun was claiming the first floor with his frequent presence and scent. The house was his, and instead of confronting Renjun, Jeno ignored him.

"Did he like it?" Renjun asked, staring at the beta with glistering eyes.

"Yeah, of course."

Renjun didn't know Jaemin that well, but he could feel he wasn't truthful.

"You're lying," he stated and wasn't even surprised when Jaemin sighed.

"Fine, he didn't even take a bite. But wait until I stop cooking. He'd have to eat your food, he wants it or not."

"That's... harsh," Renjun frowned, finding it weird, especially when it came from the home economist.

"Some people say alphas need a rougher treatment otherwise they'd become softies," Jaemin commented, saying the word naturally and with high knowledge. "I don't agree with this, but once in a while, someone needs to discipline him."

Renjun couldn't agree or disagree with this as he had no opinion on how to treat alphas, if not softly and with care.

"Hey, could you light a few mint candles, by the way? You'll find them in my room," Jaemin asked, then added, "I think it may calm him down, so make sure to put them on each floor, especially on the second. He may feel more comfortable going there if he feels his favorite scent."

"Oh, okay," Renjun nodded, hoping the alpha's favorite smell would really help him relax.

But... Jaemin's room? The omega felt weird standing before the beta's bedroom door. One thing he had learned in the classes was that the personal spaces, such as bedrooms, were very intimate areas, and not everyone could enter. For instance, an omega should never let anyone else, if not their mate, into their bedroom and protect it like their nest. If someone came, they had to ask them to leave before something sinful could happen! So, keeping in mind that the alpha and omega bedroom was a closed space, Renjun thought that the rooms of others also had something to them and shouldn't be easily accessed...

But Jaemin was a beta, not an alpha. Also, he asked Renjun to come there. The omega had the room owner's permission, a valid reason to enter, and was alone while doing that. So, keeping that in mind, Renjun sighed and reached for the doorknob, twisting it and opening the door. The first thing that caught his eye was that the room was very well installed. It was way wider than Renjun's and had twice as much furniture. Everything was so organized and clean that the omega was surprised at how Jaemin could keep his room neat. He had a pearly white carpet, a cabinet with what seemed like his personal wine collection, many lamps, and one that looked like a chandelier. He also had a balcony, which he shared with Jeno—Renjun knew it, as he saw how big it was when he cleaned the alpha's bedroom before.