𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞: Finding the Problem

Jeno was very cheerful the next day. He was talkative again, so energetic that Renjun had to prevent violent thoughts from coming to action. He wanted to be hysterical, break plates and scream, or simply beat someone up, slap them, twist their ears, or scratch the cat lover's face with his nails. He couldn't decide who to punish, though. Was it Jaemin's fault, or was it Jeno's? Moreover, could he even be legally angry about something he had witnessed?

Renjun tried his best not to side-eye the alpha as the reason why he was in a good mood was too obvious—it really had something to do with the sight the previous evening. It was more evident when Jaemin and Jeno got the same frame, and Renjun could compare them. The beta was very tired and a little bit too quiet. He couldn't keep up with the alpha's energy, but didn't say anything and politely endured his friend, or rather a lover. Because of the attention he gave to Jeno, he forgot to compliment Renjun's outfit or try to include him in a conversation.

Renjun was mad when he realized that all the scenarios, he created in his head during the night and even had nightmares, were totally right. These two did certain things in Jeno's bedroom, because why else would Jaemin leave the room looking so messy, with undone pants, a wrinkled shirt, and Jeno's scent all over him? Renjun was sure no one needed to strip to talk. Besides, why would two good friends chat in a bedroom rather than in Jeno's office, or simply in the hallway since it seemed that urgent?

The omega may have been under behavioral training and taught to be innocent, but nearly four years of extreme education still didn't break the sense of reality. Renjun knew what was going on. He used to watch TV series and movies about infidelity, love, and many evil things when he was a teenager. These things, unlike some alpha in the past, remained in his head as Renjun marked them as something significant to his future. He didn't have to play dumb or excuse the alpha in some way because everything was just too evident.

Was Jeno cheating? That question bothered Renjun way more than his and his friend's romance behind the bedroom door. All this time, the alpha showed no interest in him, and it was obvious why (he had a lover!), he didn't even claim the omega as neither did he sign the papers at Aquamarine House nor buy him an assurance collar. Technically, there was no cheating. They weren't in a relationship. Jeno was free to do everything he wanted with whoever he wanted, even when it came to his very own beta friend and home economist. Renjun, meanwhile, couldn't, as he cared about his dignity, and most importantly, he naively hoped to be acknowledged. And that was the worst part. Jeno didn't want to recognize him as an omega, as he seemed fine with his affair.

But there was even more. The pureblood didn't want Renjun, but at the same time, he owned him. The omega's name was written under the alpha's and sealed with his signature, which Jaemin testified. In this ridiculous situation and relationship that didn't even exist, only Renjun seemed to be in trouble. He had to stay loyal to Jeno no matter what, just because the alpha had the right to him even when he didn't sign it himself yet.

"Junnie," Jaemin's voice brought Renjun back to the breakfast table and forced him to look up. "Can we share today's chores? I don't feel very well."

"Sure," the omega cooed, but he wanted to stare at the beta very suspiciously, so the other would read it as 'I know what you did yesterday, you fucking liar.'

Renjun couldn't. His morals didn't let him. His dignity also. Even when he hated Jaemin for buying and bringing him into this horrible situation (for what?), Renjun couldn't speak up about it. He wasn't brave enough. So, all he could do was agree and try to keep himself from thinking more of what happened in the Master Bedroom before he could do it in detail.

"No, just rest for the whole day," Jeno said, looking at the beta with deep concern.

Renjun didn't ignore it. Actually, it was the first time the omega saw the pureblood alpha openly showing care toward Jaemin and didn't hear it from the beta's stories. It seemed Jaemin wasn't lying about everything. The only pebble of truth out of the sea of lies was his great relationship with his master, so great that they had to take their pants off on special occasions.