𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: Capturing a Weird Sight

"It's like a mansion!" Renjun's papa gasped, stepping into the vestibule.

The moment his eyes landed on his son, dressed prettily and looking like a house owner himself, he gasped and covered his face. The older omega couldn't believe how well he had grown up. That's what he repeated in Chinese as he hugged his son.

Renjun's omega dad was a bit more humble, therefore he just nodded, although his eyes expressed happiness that he had never felt before.

"You look so pretty! Your dad and I may feel like peasants," Papa chuckled, looking at his clothes up and down.

"No, please, don't say that," Renjun's face flushed. "My appearance doesn't change my origin. Please, remember that."

Papa didn't nod. Did he really think his son suddenly turned into a wealthy aristocrat? It didn't matter what training Renjun had gone through and who his alpha was. He remained the same omega.

"Gentlemen," Jaemin cleared his throat. He stood there all the time. "Let me walk you through your son's new home."

"Sure, sure!"

They started the tour, but Renjun's parents were so proud of their son that they continuously interrupted Jaemin and spoke in Chinese. The beta didn't find it offensive, although Renjun could see he wasn't very pleased when he wasn't listened to. Renjun's heart was happy to see his parents, but after a few more interruptions, he asked them to listen and give more attention to the house. They could talk later when they'd drink tea, he added.

The tour was exhausting and unremarkable as Renjun knew every corner of the house, but his parents saw everything for the first time. However, the omega never stopped smiling as he loved to see his parents admiring their surroundings and looking at him in admiration. The best part had to be when they went outside to look at the garden. It was only Renjun's second time seeing all the bushes and flowers, but the further they went, the more new things emerged, so he enjoyed the view just like the guests.

Renjun was glad that Jaemin offered to be the guide as he could tell many interesting things and background about every single piece of furniture. He was also glad to have the beta by his side as Jaemin was very flexible in conversations and could easily convince parents of things, such as why he didn't want to show the bedroom of the two. The reason was obvious to Renjun—there was not even a single corner where his scent could be. To his parents, though, it appeared that the couple protected their intimate space, and therefore, the home economist didn't let anyone inside.

But when the tour ended, and they could finally talk while drinking tea, the beta didn't retreat. In fact, he stayed around, causing a little bit of confusion and annoyance to Renjun. The omega wanted to be with his parents only, but Jaemin never left him alone.

"So, Mr. Lee is the COO of New Technology, right?" Renjun's dad asked when they made themselves comfortable in the living room.

"Yes, that's right," Jaemin replied instead, but at least the question was open, as Renjun's parents didn't expect him to talk about business matters. "Mr. Lee is helping his father with the family company, but at the same time, he's studying architecture," the beta smiled, walking around the armchairs the parents sat in and handed them Jeno's picture. "That's Mr. Lee."

He did that so naturally that the action didn't seem forced. Even though Renjun could tell Jaemin showed the picture so that the omegas wouldn't want to see the alpha personally. They admired their son's mate, whispered and spoke in Chinese, but much more awaited them.

"I forgot to mention it when we were outside, so listen, gentlemen, this house was designed by Mr. Lee himself with just a little help from an engineer!" Jaemin proudly announced. "Yes, gentlemen, he's that talented."