𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: Feeling Awkward II

Renjun had full permission to remain in the house, though his purpose was different than he initially expected. He understood that nothing changed Jeno's mind because Jaemin hadn't updated him that day, and when he saw the alpha in the dining room, waiting for breakfast, Renjun felt as if he were a ghost. Jeno ignored him.

The whole breakfast process made Renjun suffer. He sat on Jeno's right as he claimed this seat days ago, but the way the alpha pretended he didn't exist made the omega feel bad for trying to get close to him. The alpha ate Renjun's food but gave no comments, even when it was obvious that he liked it. He ate a lot but was too prideful to admit the omega as a great chef.

The only one who talked was Jaemin, but no matter how bright his voice sounded and how many times did he smile, nothing helped. Renjun wanted to glare at him. Jaemin was a liar. Apart from the warmth that spread from him and his never-ending help, Jaemin was a weird human being. Renjun couldn't understand if he was like this because of his secondary gender, or if it was his personality. Maybe all betas were the same, or was he just unique? There was always something so mysterious behind Jaemin's caring persona. It was hard to read him. Renjun couldn't even make out a word what was the meaning of this circus. It was like Jaemin was hiding something, and the omega didn't know if he could trust him. After noticing that the reality didn't match the illusion he created, Renjun was sure more things they hadn't discussed still awaited him.

So, glaring at the beta would've at least made Renjun feel better. But it's too bad he couldn't even do that. You see, he was certain that even when the alpha pretended he wasn't there, every move of his was followed. Jeno was careful around Renjun, and he must have a reason.

"Today, I'll go grocery shopping," Jaemin said after a few minutes of silence. "We need to buy food, and I think it must be the time Renjun gets new clothes."

The beta looked at the omega, and the latter took his chance to glare. He did it so fast that when Jeno slightly looked at him, Renjun had an innocent expression.

"What do you think, Junnie?" Jaemin asked with great enthusiasm, as if he just offered to set the omega free for a few hours.

That was true. Renjun could not leave the house because they avoided other people noticing and ruining the surprise. But now that the birthday gift failed and Jeno was aware of it, they could take the omega somewhere to public. The thought was tempting, but when Renjun remembered everything he was thinking, he highly doubted whether the decision was good.

"I can't go..." he mumbled.

"Why?" Jaemin raised his eyebrows. "You don't feel well?"

No, there was a way worse problem. An omega walking around meant that someone bought them, but then several factors exposed his status and Renjun was at the worst stage. He had no assurance collar, and he could only wish for a bonding mark. If he walked around with nothing on his neck, he may be judged, and he didn't want that.

"I don't have an assurance collar," he said quietly.

"Oh, that's not a problem! Many omegas don't have it at first."

"Bad things happen..."

"No one would do anything to you. I'll be your bodyguard," Jaemin said in a convincing tone, making it hard not to believe him.

Renjun managed to refuse. Instead, he stayed home, intending to gain the alpha's trust. But Jeno went elsewhere just when the breakfast ended, and Renjun lost the courage to chase after him. It was just too clear that he was the only one who wanted a relationship.

Renjun received many letters from his friends back in Aquamarine House. He couldn't reply to any of them. He was embarrassed about what was happening in his life and felt ashamed when he read the responses and realized the omegas had been waiting for the update about the birthday party. Renjun couldn't bring himself to write any letter as he didn't want to lie, especially after he wrote how much he looked forward to meeting the alpha and how handsome he was.