𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: Stepping into the New Home

"May I take your luggage?" Mr. Na asked, stepping closer.

Renjun flinched but then nodded, giggling afterward, as he found it embarrassing being so jumpy and unaware of the latter's presence. But his perplexion was explainable. It was his first time at the other side of Aquamarine House. His eyes could scan the places he didn't know before. It was only natural that he focused on the things he found interesting, and that's why he barely gave attention to Mr. Na.

It was a parking lot for different occasions, usually for big trucks with food and necessary items. Mischievous omegas would guess what meals they'd get for the next week, looking at how betas were handling boxes with food. Other than that, sometimes customers who bought omegas would park there just like Mr. Na did. Renjun and other omegas used to look at the guests out the windows, hiding shyly whenever an alpha felt someone staring at them and looked around to check who it was. These things entertained the omegas. But now, he was on the other side of those windows while his friends remained inside.

Renjun was about to look over his shoulder and see whether he and the other omegas were visible all this time, whether the curtains exposed them, but Mr. Na was already too much into details.

"This car is what Mr. Lee got for his seventeenth birthday," the beta said, pointing at the shiny black car and forcing Renjun to look away from the windows. "He gave it to me after he got another one for his 19th birthday. Do you get the pattern? If we are lucky, he may get another car on his 21st birthday, so one of the cars would belong to you."

"Uh..." Renjun awkwardly laughed. "Omegas can't drive."

"You can't?" the beta looked at him in surprise. He even stopped himself from opening the trunk.

"Well... Only for emergencies."

"So, you can."

Renjun was confused. How much did Mr. Na know about the Houses if he was so surprised about what omegas can do, and what they can't?

"Not daily..."

"You could've said it from the start," the beta laughed and opened the car trunk.

It was empty in case Renjun would've had many bags. But the omega had only one suitcase that fit everything he had and needed.

"I suppose you have already said goodbye to your friends, so let's go," Mr. Na encouraged Renjun to get inside the car.

Following what the omega had learned in classes, Renjun chose the back of the car, considering the beta a driver, which he was. The only time Renjun could sit at the front would be if his alpha were there, too. But if one more alpha were in the car, he would sit at the back, not to bother the two alphas. As simple as that.

Mr. Na made no comments, but Renjun noticed his confusion. Not minding him, especially after he recalled Lady Brixil's words about betas, the omega turned away and looked at Aquamarine House, which went further and further until it completely disappeared. They got into a street, and Renjun's curiosity reached its peak. Everything looked so different than what he remembered. There were more modern buildings, the roads were wider, and the omega could see various car models. Renjun's eyes caught what people were wearing, too. He spotted a few omegas and gasped. How pretty they looked! He knew right away they had wealthy alphas to have such expensive clothing!

"I would like to introduce you to some of the things you have to know about your new life, but I don't know where to start," Mr. Na spoke, distracting Renjun from the view of the streets. "Do you have any questions yourself?"

The omega thought for a few seconds but then remembered the most important thing.

"What does Mr. Lee look like?"