𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨: Getting Bought

Everyone knew what happened during the afternoon hours in the Aquamarine House shop. The rumors spread fast. Renjun's friends and acquaintances taunted him for catching the beta man's eye, as they didn't know he was a gift for a pureblood alpha. His caretaker asked him not to tell anyone as it was a perfect opportunity for him to get bought, not someone else, so Renjun listened to her and kept his mouth shut to have it all to himself. Although the caretaker didn't know anything about the COO, she had heard about his company and knew that it had been in the industry for a whole decade. That meant he had money, and Renjun could live in wealth. Not to mention a pureblood omega was an ideal match for a pureblood alpha.

However, the bullying was annoying him. He tried to fight those malicious comments and reactions since the omegas pretended to cry and expressed their disappointment in losing an omega friend to a beta. Renjun gave hints that maybe the rich beta—how the omegas thought—had a friend and wanted to buy him for that friend. But no one listened.

"Renjunnie will bear Beta's children!" one omega teased him during breakfast the next day, too early for all of that.

"S-stop it!" his face flushed from anger.

"He'll live with a beta for the rest of his life and would never get an assurance collar! How unfortunate!"

"Hey!" Renjun yelled, stood up, and slammed his fist on the table. "It's not for you to talk! You're older than me, and no one has ever looked at you!"

His remark made those next to him silent. Renjun needed a few seconds to realize what he said and began apologizing. Making fun of him for getting chosen wasn't as bad as making fun of those who were ignored by alphas and even betas. Though, no matter how many words left Renjun's mouth, the other omega got so upset, he left the cafeteria.

Even when omegas were taught to be perfect there, gossip, jealousy, and rivalry were allowed. These were considered instincts and natural emotions between omegas. That's why Renjun wasn't surprised to hear whispers as he walked down the hallways, and Lady Brixil's presence in his room didn't catch him off guard either. She asked him to come to her office, and the first topic she touched on was how he treated the omega from earlier.

"I was so delighted to add to your plate how well your mental condition is, but your anger issues sometimes concern me," she sighed, massaging her temples. "I hope you've learned enough to know that it shouldn't be shown to an alpha. When you get angry, you say hurtful things."

"Yes, lady," Renjun vigorously nodded his head. "I'm well aware."

"And to a beta, too," she added subtly, then reached for a few papers. "Yesterday, just as he said, Mr. Na called us and declared he'd buy you, so we asked him questions to proceed. He confirmed everything we asked. I also sent a few agents to check on the house, and it's a massive one. He's indeed the home economist of a pureblood alpha and is willing to purchase you for him as a birthday present. Actually, this morning, we had already received the payment. You were bought for 12,000 dollars."

Renjun's mouth fell agape.

"Yeah, that's right," Lady Brixil chuckled. "I was very surprised, too. He paid us before we even finished everything with the paperwork."

"Oh my God!" the omega gasped and covered his mouth. "I-I'm so EXCITED!"

"He's also willing to take you in as soon as possible," the beta lady added, receiving a few more reactions from the omega, all positive. "So, let's finish with formalities first. Here, read these documents. You will have to sign them if you agree with everything. I'll call your parents in the meantime."

Renjun's eyes glistered as soon as he heard about his parents. He got to Aquamarine House when he was eighteen, and as years passed, he only saw them once in three months every year. They loved him so much since he was the only child, and Renjun couldn't be happier whenever he saw them paying a visit. Just because of his loving parents, a few omegas were jealous of him because they were the only ones who visited him so often, even after getting a few warnings not to bother their son's training.