𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞: Seeing Behind the Hostility

One day, after finding every possible information about Jaemin, his phone number, address, and occupation, the alpha called him. Jeno's life regained colors when he heard the beta's voice. Just briefly talking to each other, which was awkward, Jeno instantly asked Jaemin if he wanted to become his home economist.

"Home... economist?" the beta repeated as if he didn't hear it. "Are you sure? I mean..."

"I don't have a home economist. My house is like a castle. I really need one and my knowledge led me to you."

Jaemin agreed. Jeno knew he would. Not only because his salary was poor—he worked as an office guy, usually, where the rest of the betas worked till the day they died, but because he still had feelings toward the alpha.

They met again. Jeno introduced every single corner of the house, which still had many rooms to install. Nevertheless, Jaemin was still very amazed. He had heard about this house. It was all over the news since Jeno's father wanted everyone to know how talented his son was. Jaemin was proud.

"The house is massive. You should hire more people."

"I will," Jeno said, but he didn't intend to. He wanted no people to disturb them. Unlike it was in the past when they had to be secretive.

"Where will I stay?" the beta asked after the tour. "Do I have to live here or—"

"You can live here," Jeno smiled. "The second floor has many rooms. I saved one just for you. Can you guess?"

Jaemin's room was near Jeno's. The alpha knew they thought about the same thing just by the beta's expression. The new home economist smiled, "Is your rut still that heavy?"

For the first months together, Jaemin did incredible work at home and took care of the alpha when the latter needed him. Each time Jeno left for work or lectures, he was very excited to return home, where the beta waited for him with food and then served him in his bedroom. Jeno's life was a fairytale. He wanted to live like this forever. But he was so naive, wasn't he?

After spending time together, Jaemin started speculating about the alpha's future, especially the role Jeno's parents still played in his life. Soon, they'd look for a mate for him. Jaemin liked to talk about this, and Jeno despised it. He asked the beta to stop after he couldn't bear it, so Jaemin did. But his actions spoke for themselves. Jaemin wanted to depart from Jeno. He began hiring female betas and alphas to work in their house, excusing that he needed more people to help him. Did he? He was perfect! He did everything perfectly. Jeno fired one, as Jaemin didn't even inform him about her. He fired the second one because she didn't cook as well as Jaemin. The third left the house of her own will because Jeno was rude. Lastly, he fired one beta just because he caught her flirting with Jaemin, and he didn't seem against that.

"Why can't you understand that I don't want anyone else in my house but you!" Jeno raged one evening as Jaemin approached the topic. They were in the living room, forgetting the tea they were supposed to drink.

"That's very unrealistic," the beta said calmly. "You have to mature, Jeno. You need people."

"I don't. That's my house. I know what I need and what I don't."

"What about a mate? Do you need it?"

"No," Jeno looked at him weirdly. "I'm fine with you, and you know it. You're the only one who can satisfy me."

"Have you tried meeting an omega?" Jaemin asked in a weary voice.

"I did," Jeno looked at him contentiously. "I didn't like it. Red House omegas are terrible."

"That place is nasty. I meant other Houses. Have you been to one and seen them on display? Have you talked to them?"

"Jaemin," the pureblood glared. He would've loved it if betas could feel his pheromones as sometimes Jaemin's resilience annoyed him. He was so untouchable. "I want you and only you, okay? Let's not talk about this. It ruins my mood. I have a long week to endure, and I won't be able to see you on my birthday. This is stressing me out."