Suprise Assault| Chapter 6

{~The Next Day~}

???'s Pov:

I sit up from the bed with a yawn. I look around drowsily trying to remember where I am. When I remember I look around the room and I see that no one else is there. I stretch, 'That was the best sleep I've had in a LONG time!!'

Out of the corner of my eye I see someone.

I turn to see it is North Korea leaning against a wall staring at me. My eyes widened seeing him. He notices me staring at him. He looks away to the wall across from him.

There was a long moment of silence before anyone spoke.

"Lord Russia, left to go get something." He says suddenly. 'Oh, he must be talking about the tall man-... So his name is Russia then?'

'Wait-..'

"Why do you keep calling this 'Russia' guy lord?" I ask curiously, but quickly cover my mouth realizing I spoke.

The guard looks at me bewildered, but then sighs realizing 'How would he know?' 'And I think that's the first time I ever heard them speak-'.

"Russia is the son of a duke." He waits a moment before continuing. "Witch makes his rank, Marquess." After he finishes, he looks back at me. He notices my confused expression.

"Why am I even telling you these things?" He mumbles under his breath.

...

"Are you hungry?" He asks, getting up from the wall. I don't respond. He rubs his forehead, stretching. I could hear a few bones crack. I then remember that he had slept on the floor...

{~Small Timeskip~}

The guard went to get me some food leaving me to my own devices in the room.

...

When he returned he told me to get up and follow him. I hesitatingly get up and follow him. I exit the room and he closes the door behind me. I notice his gaze on my back which makes me uncomfortable and I tense. He seemed to notice this and quickly looked away bringing his gaze onto something else only glancing at me now and again as we walked.

...

We make our way outside the inn and head to the back of the inn.

When we made it to the back I saw a woodsy building that looked like a stable. Next to the stable on the outside I noticed a caravan.

As we neared I noticed the tall man or should I say 'Russia' exit the cavavan.

He sees us and waits for us to come near.

"Are we departing soon?" He asks, North Korea. North Korea nods. Russia acknowledges him with a slight nod.

"I would like to go back to the market to pick up a few things before we depart." The guard nods.

"I'll accompany you then, my lord."

Russia nods. He then looks at me then back to the guard.

"We can leave them with another guard until we come back." North Korea nods again, glancing over at me. He sees another one of guards walk by carrying something. North Korea calls out to him and the guard stops looking over at us.

North Korea made a come over here hand movement. And the guard walks over to us. When he gets to us he puts what he was carrying down on the ground, dusting off his hands.

"What do you need?" He asks.

"I need you to watch them for me." North Korea states. The guard looks around, when he finally sees me standing slightly behind North Korea his eyes widen.

"You want me to watch that?" He asks, pointing at me. North Korea nods.

"Just for a bit until me and lord get back from shopping." The other guard nods hesitantly, staring at me. NK nods his head. "Well that's it- we'll be off.."

...

The guard I was left with 'seemed' nice. He seemed nervous and anxious fidgeting. After that, both of them left. He picked up the thing he was carrying and ushered for me to follow him, I hesitatingly followed him wondering, if I should maybe make a run for it. But decided against it.

...

Russia's Pov:

        As we walked back towards the market I wondered if the little scramp was gonna be ok.. I push those thoughts away telling myself to stop worrying...

We had walked for a while now and we were nearing the market. But as we neared I had a bad feeling but I pushed it away.

After we finished shopping for what we needed we started to make our way back.

But then as we were nearing the inn again,
I saw something run at us from an alleyway-

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors Note:

Sorry for such a late update!! I have been having a bit of writer's block. And a few life things going on too. Sorry again.

I hope you guys have a great rest of your day/evening/night!!!

Word Count: 769