Awake | Chapter 12

No One's Pov:

The mound in the hay moves a bit, they let out another groan.

"Fuck my head..." The blond grumbles sitting up, voice straining, they try to move their hand to massage their forehead but stop when they realize they are tied up.

He looked surprisingly young.

"What...?" They sound startled, they look up and see both of the figures. Before they could react though they see the horse and let out a shriek falling over.

Afanasy had stopped his munching and was sniffing at the tied up blond.

"Get that thing away from me!!" They cry out in fear. There blue eyes wide.

Both of the standing people look at each other in sink with a confused expression on their faces.

"Do you not like horses?" The accented man asked, his tone has slight amusement in it.

The blonde's face goes into a thinking face, wondering on what to say but then are quickly pulled out of their thoughts when Afanasy nudges their face with his snout.

They yelp, quickly jumping away. Well it wasn't very far but it put a tiny bit of distance between him and the horse.

...

This went on for a few minutes until the russian pulled the stallion away from the thug who seemed to be afraid of horses or just this horse.

They let out a sigh of relief, relaxing a little before sending a glare at the horse.

But the relaxation was quickly cut short when the russian crouched in front of them glaring.

They gulp a bead of sweat going down their face when they see the others' serious expression.

"Umm..."

It was so awkward-

"Can you untie me?" The silver eyes member asks hopefully.

"Why should I?" Russia asks in a serious tone, raising an eyebrow slightly.

"You and your 'gang' just tried an assault on me and my caravan."

The others' eyes widen, they try to think fast. "I'm um ugh.. not apart of the silver eyes-" they blurt.

"You're a bad liar."

"I'm not lying!! I was um- walking by? and walked into the stable when fighting broke out then that horse ASSAULTED ME!!" They motion at the horse glaring, and the horse in question just snorts.

"Ok then, would you care to explain the tattoo on your arm?" The trench coated man (russia) asks pointing at his arm where the snack tattoo sat.

He opens his mouth to speak but no words come out.

"That's enough explanation." They get up from their crouching position.

The blonde jumps up a bit asking in a slightly worried voice, "what are you ugh going to do with me?"

The russian scratch's his chin thinking, "I could leave you alone with Afanasy."

The tied man looks puzzled for a moment but then realizes they are talking about the horse, his eyes widened fearfully.

"Y- you could let me go to- that's an option." He says in a hopeful voice, but shrinks back when his eyes meet the tall man's cold icy yellow ones.

They swallow thickly.

"..."

They look behind the tall man and see a smaller form.

His eyes widened.

His mouth gapes slightly when he sees the ears, and they instantly shrink back when they realize he's staring at them.

The albino man brings his attention back to him by stating, "I have a few questions for you, this will decide your fate."

...

The freckled 'boy' answers the questions lying here and there.

In the end he gets carried under the tall man's arm like a sack of papas.

He kicked his legs and struggled but it didn't do anything. It didn't help that he was still tied up either.

"Put me down!!" He shouts, bending his neck awkwardly to look up at the one carrying him.

They don't respond and ignore him walking out of the stables and into the yard in front.

A few people looked our way slightly puzzled but didn't say anything about it.

...

The supernatural watched as both of them left one not so willingly.
He looks away from the now growing distant figures, the marquess probably thought he was following and would come looking for him now and later when he realizes he wasn't there.

He probably thought he was going to try to escape. But the thing was, was that he had no place to go when he put into perspective. No skills whatsoever in his opinion to help him survive.

His memory was fical and he could only remember a few things here and there of his past before his enslavement. Even then he would try to block it out.

The short creature was pulled out of his growing dark thoughts when he feels something nudge into there shoulder.

He instantly tenses quickly turning around to see what touched him.

He relaxes when he sees it's just the white stallion.

He pets the stallion's snout.

They couldn't help but smile gently.

They gaze at the beautiful strong horse quietly wondering why the marquess said his name fits him.

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors Note:

Sorry for the late update + it being short- I've been juggling handful of things, I thought it would be easier since I'm on spring break but it is still difficult.

Anyway enough about me, hope you liked the chapter and have a good rest of your day!!

(I have 13 books in my library that I haven't even started reading yet, wish me luck 😭)

Word Count: 837