Run In | Chapter 3

Russia's Pov:

My eyes widened, it was massive. This seemed like the market I went to above but this one was a bit more how do you say it-.. Risky or shady should I say...

There were so many smells (Good and Bad) and sights. It was also loud.

I walked around the complex/plaza, there were many stands clumped together but unlike the market at the top, here it was in such disera. It looked like someone just threw everything together and said there we go it's perfect!!

I noticed that there were lamps dangling from the ceiling by metal chains to brighten the dark room/chamber/plaza/complex.

Not too many paid much attention to me as I walked around, some did look at me strangely but just continued on with their day.

I notice some metal cages stacked in a pile I walk over to investigate.

Some of the cages were small while others were large. I bend over to see inside one of the cages. Inside there was a little fuzzy monkey. When it sees me it squeaks fearfully, scurrying away to the corner of the cage. I pull away from the cage. 'Бедняга...' (Poor thing...).

'I wonder what else they have caged up here?..' I wonder to myself but I'm pulled out of my chain of thought as someone tries to get my attention. I look over and see a man running a stand next to the cages. There were a few more cages on the table.

"See anything you like young man?" He asked me.

I shake my head "Sorry, I was just looking. I'm not interested."

He smiles at me, "Well let me know if you change your mind."

I walk away from the stand looking around. I walked over to a food stand that was selling something that smells pretty good. This time there was a woman running this stand.

"What is this?" I ask, pointing to the food grilling.

She smiles at me, "These are brochette or another name for it is skewer."

"Have you never had brochette before?"

I shake my head.

The woman makes an exaggerated gasp holding their chest. "You MUST try, it is very good!!" She says grabbing one of the skewers. "Here-" She says, handing it to me. I take it hesitantly.

"How much is it?" I ask.

"Don't worry it's on the house!" She responds smiling.

My eyes widened. "W- What?!? No I can't take it- how much is it really?" I insist.

"Boy, I told you it's on the house. Do I have to repeat myself?" She says putting her hands on her hips, looking up at me. "Now go on and try it."

I look at her then at the skewer then back at her. I sigh defeated.

I take a bite.

My eyes widened.

It was good!

The woman smiles at my reaction. "Good right?" I nod.

"Where are you from? You don't sound like you're from here?" She asks, suddenly leaning on the table. She looks me up and down.

"You're correct I am not from here, I am just pacing by."

She nods at that.

"Well where are you from if I may ask? Yo-" She stops when she hears a lot of yelling. (There's already yelling and shouting but this one was kinda different). There seemed to be a lot of commotion.