Afanasy | Chapter 11

???'s Pov:

"Удобно?" (Comfortable?)

I let out a startled yelp jumping into the air when I hear someone speak behind me.

I turn quickly around and see that it was Russia.

He had a slight amused expression on his face.

I growl narrowing my eyes.

I turn away from him crossing my arms.

"I want to show you something." He says, noting that my left ear flicks. He takes that as a sign that he peaked my interest.

"If you want to see, follow me." He then turns to walk.

I hesitate but eventually my curiosity starts to eat at me so I start to follow slowly behind.

...

We entered the stables, I hadn't been in here yet so I looked around curiously.

But then something catches my attention.

I see a white horse.

They looked strong and durable and reliant. When the horse turned its head towards us you good see the defiance and loyalty inside.

You gazed upon the horse smitten. Your pulled out of your train of thought when the accented man spoke again.

"Would you like the meet them."

You hesitatingly nod. You had been getting more comfortable around these people. Even in my new situation. They have been nice and treated me well but I wasn't going to let my guard fully down just yet.

He walked over to the horse standing to the side of it. I follow behind him.

...

The horse went back to its own thing, not paying us much attention.

After just standing there for a bit I reached out and pet their side, they didn't seem to mind.

It was... smooth and sleek-

I look up at the russian.

"Is it a boy or girl?"

"Why don't you check yourself."

My eyes widened.

I hesitatingly looked under the horse then back up, they were a boy.

"What's his name?" I then ask, petting them again.

"Afanasy"

"Does it mean something?"

"It means 'imortal' from where I'm from." He then adds resting his hand on the stallions back, "His name definitely fits him." His gaze stays on the stallion for awhile before going back to me.

Suddenly another scent hit my nose. I sit up straight and tense. It was slightly familiar but of any the guards I met or other people.

I let out a low growl. The marquess notices this.

"Someone wrong?"

I look around before answering, trying to pinpoint the scent. Then I find it.

Someone was laying limply in a pile of hay nearby.

"Who's that? Are they dead?.." I growl, they didn't smell.... dead.

Russia was still a bit surprised but happy that you spoke more. He liked the sound of your voice.

His gaze goes to where you were motioning. His face didn't show any emotions.

"They're not dead. Just unconscious."

I studied the unconscious blond from a distance. When I saw the tattoo on his arm my eyes dilated making my pupils narrow into slits.

"It's fine, they're tied up. If they do wake up, they can't do anything. Don't worry." He says when he saw your aura darken.

"Why are they still here though?" I growl.

"I wanted to ask them a few questions when they wake." He says simply putting his hands behind his back.

"Do you really think they'd know anything? What do you even want to know and how do you know they'll be truthful?" I ask, looking at him.

His gaze meets mine, "you don't have to worry your pretty little head about such things. Also, seems you like to talk now?"

My eyes widen, cheeks flushing. I quickly look away.

"It fits you."

I don't respond.

The russian observers me for a moment before opening his mouth again to speak but stops when he sees movement from the hay and a groan.

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors Note:

Another chapter!! (I'm trying to get better at updating more often)

Hope you have a good rest of your day/afternoon/night!!

I'm going to try to make the next chapter longer- wish me luck.

Word Count: 635