Chapter 4 The grudges, new and old.

One year ago, in Muliang Province, a big storm had brewed in San Cai Sword Sect’s headquarters; Mu city (Mucheng).

It was during the hottest summer night of the Great Heat solar term, a fire was lit and it burned San Cai Sword Sect’s main training grounds and information gathering ring, bringing great loses to San Cai Sword Sect.

That night, sixty men were cut down and years-worth of information were burnt to ash. He was one of the few men to live to witness the young masculine figure that had terrorized their sect.

He even fought him and barely lived, for he had been poisoned with a lethal but curable poison.

He was Chief Training Master, Lyu Xian. He was renowned as Lethal Sword Master for his attacks were always deadly and highly resulted to death.

The young man who had been tagged as San Cai Sword Sect’s greatest enemy was none other than the masked teenager in front of him.

“I remember. It was you who destroyed our sect and led us to decline one year ago!” Lyu Xian exclaimed; anger evident in his voice.

The masked lad smirked before using his internal force to free his sword and return to his original standing point not far from the carriage.

“Lyu Xian, indeed it is you.” The masked lad said with conviction. Lyu Xian jumped from the carriage and in a blink of an eye destroyed his disguise revealing his dark blue and black outfit that was used to identify students of San Cai Sword Sect.

Standing on the top of the carriage, Lyu Xian shouted, “Today if I don’t kill you to avenge our San Cai Sword Sect, then I do not deserve to live.”

The masked man laughed, “That’s right, at least you are right about something. You do not deserve to live.”

Angered by these words, Lyu Xian stomped the carriage to bits revealing a scared Liu Cheng Feng as well as a large sword that was hidden at the bottom of the carriage floor.

It was double the blade width of any normal sword, making it heavy and intimidating. It had sharp single edge, unlike the usual double-edged swords that San Cai Sword Sect students usually use. The masked man noticed this and realized that there was a possibility he didn’t use the San Cai Sword Sect’s renowned moves like “Six Moves Attack” and “Three Talents Moves”.

However, this did not scare him as he was a talented martial artist and he did not fear death.

This time, Lyu Xian made the first move, running towards his enemy. With exceptional qigong (martial arts) he rose to the air and raised his sword even higher.

His sword struck the ground first, but the mysterious man dodged it. A series of crisp and fast moves ensured, and although the mysterious man was confident in his abilities he couldn’t avoid the small seed of doubt growing in his subconscious. After all, he only had ten years of martial experience while Lyu Xian had double or even triple his experiences.

When Lyu Xian attacked, the masked man dodged, but the masked man didn’t try to attack again making Lyu Xian suspicious.

The masked man then made a move, aiming for Lyu Xian’s neck; and although Lyu Xian was a bit distracted he was still able to avoid the lethal blow. However, because of his momentary lack of focus the masked man was able to slightly cut Lyu Xian’s fist.

“Huh, such a small cut can do nothing to me!” Lyu Xian scorned as he positioned himself to attack again. The masked man was indeed formidable, even without attacking much. His moves were calculated but his motive was unknown.

As Lyu Xian thought of these things his eyes began to blur and his head felt cloudy and heavy. “You actually tainted your blade with poison!” Lyu Xian said in disbelief, his voice already hoarse and his throat scratchy. “Such a quick poison, who exactly are you?”