Fallen For You

(AU! Nico and Will met when Nico was 10 and Will was 11, shortly after Nico arrived at Camp Half-Blood for the first time. This is really dumb just FYI.)

~10yro Nico POV~

I looked around at the activity tables. There were too many people I didn't know so I sat by a tree and took out my mythomagic cards. Percy and Annabeth said camp's empty since it's winter but there's still a lot of people.

I set up a one-sided mythomagic game and started to play. Basically, I'm playing mythomagic-solitaire. It felt like someone was watching me but everyone else was at the tables, preoccupied with what they were doing.

"Trapped myself..." I muttered, looking over the game.

A game against myself and I'm losing but not winning. How?

I felt something next to me. Warmth like someone started a fire next to me. Not next to me...on my shoulder? I turned my head to see a tan-skinned, blonde boy leaning over my shoulder. He sat on the other side of the tree. He looked at me as I started panicking. Oddly, his blue eyes made my panic wash away.

"You're new to camp, right?" He asked.

"Mhm..." I said.

"I'm Will Solace, son of Apollo!" He introduced himself.

"Apollo? The god of sun, healing, music, archery, plague, diseases, and prophecy?" I asked.

"You know your stuff!" He replied.

I picked up one of my mythomagic cards.

"I learned from this card game." I said, showing him the Apollo card.

"I've never seen this game before." He said. "Could you tell me about it?"

~Lee Fletcher POV~(Not sorry, not sorry at all.)

I caught an elbow to the ribs from Micheal Yew.

"Ow! Mike!" I hissed. "We're doing crafts! Why-"

"Shh!" He whispered. "Look!"

I looked where he was looking. It took a minute to process what I was seeing. Will Solace, the newest Apollo cabin camper, was talking with the strange kid that Jackson & company brought back to camp with them the other day. Will glowed lightly, his cheeks visibly red too as the other kid was rambling on about something. I chuckled.

"I may not have the gift of prophecy but I predict those two have a future together." I noted.

Mike nodded as the other Apollo campers started looking over at the two kids.

All Apollo campers tend to be bisexual or pansexual, bi being more common. Will is definitely no exception to that.

"I forgot to ask your name!" Will exclaimed.

Everyone at the table had to stop themselves from laughing.

~Nico POV~

I laughed.

"That was rude of me!" Will said. "What's your name?"

"Nico Di Angelo." I told him.

"It's nice to meet you, Nico!" He said.

"It's nice to meet you too, Will." I said.

The horn blew to signal lunch.

"Will, come on!" One of the Apollo cabin campers called before getting smacked in the head by another. "Ow..."

Will stood up.

"I'll see you around." He said then started towards his siblings.

I looked at my card deck. The 'Apollo' card was facing up.

"Will." I said, awkwardly.

"Hm?" He asked, turning back around.

"Here." I handed him the 'Apollo' card. "I have two of those, you can keep that one."

"Thank you, Nico." He replied.

He smiled sweetly at me then ran to catch up with his cabin.

{A Few Years Later}

~16yro Will POV~

"I didn't realize it until I was 13 but the day we met was the day I fell for you." Nico blushed, holding his knees to his chest. "And I fell hard without even knowing it. It took until I was 14 to actually come to terms with it though..."

I laughed.

"What's so funny?!" He snapped, his face all red from embarrassment.

"Just...just..." I laughed. "I fell for you that day too. Except, I knew it almost immediately."

Nico's blush faded a bit but he was still red. I leaned over and pecked him on the cheek. He glared at me.

"Why are you swaying?" He asked.

I stopped swaying from side to side.

"I didn't even notice I was." I admitted.

He rolled his eyes and smirked. I thought about the day we met.

"Wanna know something?" I asked.

"Hm?" He replied.

"I got lost in the woods that day." I said. "That's why I wasn't with my cabinmates doing crafts. I'd only just found my way back to camp when I saw you playing cards by yourself."

"So...we can thank your idiocy for our meeting under that tree?" He asked.

"Hey!" I replied. "You're right but still!"

He laughed.

"You love me." I assured him.

"I know." He stammered. "And you...um...love me too?"

I nodded.

"Of course I do." I replied.