🏳️‍🌈Good Luck Charm🏳️‍🌈

(Nico comes back from a quest and shows Will the good luck charm he got from Hades. Will is a little too used to Nico's oddness. Don't ask how I thought of this, it just popped into my head and refused to leave until I wrote it.)

~Will POV~

I stretched as I stepped out of the infirmary.

"Hey, Sunshine." Someone said.

I looked over to see the gorgeous Italian boy I both know and love. His jacket was torn, the cartoon sun bandages I'd given him before his quest on his face, neck, and hands, his skull shirt tattered, his black skinny jeans more torn than how he bought them, and his hair adorably messy. The only thing not torn or messy was a black shoulder bag that he hadn't had when he left for his quest. I tossed my arms around him and kissed his face all over, both to heal his injuries and just to kiss him. He laughed and held his arms around me. I kissed his lips.

"You're back!" I said, backing off and holding his shoulders. "I was worried about you!"

"I missed you too." He told me.

His stomach growled. He blushed in embarrassment as I laughed.

"Let's get something to eat and you can tell me about your quest." I said. "How's that sound?"

"Sounds nice, Tesoro." He replied.

I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the dining pavilion. We each grabbed something to eat and drink. I grabbed a salad and some water while Nico grabbed a piece of pizza and some Gatorade. We sat at the Apollo table.

"Health nut." Nico teased.

I rolled my eyes.

"Just start your story." I told him.

"My quest was to help out some lost spirits in the Midwest. For the most part, I avoided monsters but a few got lucky and found me." He started. "The quest got interesting when I got on a bus to head to the Midwest. An empusa got on a few stops after me. She sat next to me, pretending to be just a nice mortal girl. After a out 5 minutes she got bored and tried to attack me. Unfortunate for her, my dad has sent a fury to give me a message. Blah, blah, blah. The fight wasn't anything special, I won't bore you with details."

I chuckled and he smiled. He took a bite of his pizza.

"Anyway, after the empusa was dealt with, the fury told me my dad sent her with a gift for me." He continued and put the black shoulder bag on the table.

I got a better look at the bag. It was black leather with a silver skull shaped latch.

"She said there was a good luck charm inside." Nico continued then opened the bag and pulled something out.

"That's a skull." I noted.

"Mhm." He replied. "It's a demigod skull. Male, no older than 19, I think son of Fortuna or Tyche."

I nodded and listened as Nico rambled about the details of the skull. Place of death, date of death, ect. He can basically get a person's life story by touching their corpse. A lot people think it's creepy, I don't know why. We all have odd powers.

"How'd he die?" I asked.

"In battle, self sacrifice for a friend." He answered. "He was stabbed in the abdomen and bled to death in his friend's arms."

"Huh..." I said.

I looked the skull over again.

"That's probably the most tragic skull your dad's given you." I noted. "And that's saying some since one died by being stabbed in the back literally and figuratively."

Nico nodded in agreement. He put the skull on the table then bit his pizza again. I leaned over the table and kissed him.

"You're adorable, Neeks." I said.

He smiled at me.

"Hey, Nico, when did you get ba- Is that an human skull?!" Percy screeched, stumbling back into a nearby table.

"Yeah." Nico replied. "A good lunch charm from my dad."

"Why are you acting like this is normal?!" The son of Poseidon exclaimed.

I laughed, watching Percy panic. Clearly, he doesn't go into cabin 13 a lot. Nico has multiple shelves of human skulls he's gotten from his dad since he was 10. That's no weirder than his zombie chauffeur Jules-Albert.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(I don't know where this idea came from but I found it humorous. Not sorry for the pun.)