Apples & Secret Projects

(Not too long before Will is supposed to graduate camp, Nico keeps sneaking off somewhere, no one really knows where. A little hurt-comfort. It was supposed to be pure fluff but evolved as I wrote and it couldn't be stopped.)

~Will POV~

I've been looking for Nico everywhere! Where could that boy be?

I spotted someone heading into cabin 13. Finally. I went and knocked on the door.

"Go away. I'm tired..." Nico groaned inside.

"Not gonna happen!" I replied then opened the door.

Nico looked up from his pillow.

"Hey, Sunshine." He muttered.

"I've been looking for you everywhere, Nico Di Angelo!" I snapped. "Where were you? Why are you so tired?"

He sighed and buried his face in his pillow. He groaned something that was unintelligible.

"I can't understand you." I hissed.

"I said, I was sword training." He said, lifting his head off his pillow again.

"I checked-" I started.

"At Camp Jupiter." He added.

"So you shadow travelled?" I asked.

He rolled onto his back and huffed.

"I can't win this can I?" He asked.

I shook my head then sat next to him.

"You shouldn't shadow travel." I told him. "It's detrimental to your health."

"That's a big word, did you have to look it up?" Nico joked.

I swatted the side of his head causing him to laugh.

"Jerk..." I smirked.

"You love me." He replied.

"I know." I rolled my eyes. "I know."

"...wanna cuddle...?" He asked, sheepishly.

"...fine." I sighed then laid down next to him. "I've been dying for some cuddles but I'm still mad at you for shadow travelling."

"Damnit." He muttered.

I laughed then kissed his forehead. He smiled and snuggled against me, my arms closing around him. Within seconds, Nico passed out. I'll bug him about shadow travel later I guess. Cuddles for now...I'm too easily distracted...

{The Next Day}

I spotted Nico, obviously having just woken up, on the big house porch.

"Afternoon, sleepyhead." I said, walking over to him.

He looked up, shielding his eyes.

"Will?" He asked.

"Obviously." I retorted, leaning over so we were eye-to-eye.

He pecked my lips and smiled at me.

"I love you." He said, smiling sweetly.

"I love you too but I'm not getting distracted that easily this time." I replied.

Nico frowned.

"How much trouble am I in?" He asked.

"Infirmary. Now." I spat, grabbing his arm and pulling him to his feet.

He sighed and didn't struggle as I dragged him to the infirmary.