Disrespect

(Will and Nico are making flower crowns for each other. Apollo and Hestia watch from Olympus with very different thoughts on the matter. This part is really short.)

~Nico POV~

I fumbled with the stems of the flowers. At my annoyance, the flowers wilted and withered in my hands.

"Here, Neeks, let me help you." Will said.

He crawled behind me then put his arms around my shoulders. I grabbed more flowers. Slowly, he guided my hands. Gently weaving the stems together, in and out, over and under, twisting and turning. After a few minutes, we finished weaving the flowers together. Will squeezed me and nuzzled my cheek making me laugh.

"There you go." Will said.

I smiled at him.

~Hestia POV~

"It's outrageous! Down right disrespectful!" Apollo screeched.

"I thought you liked Will and Nico together." I noted.

"Oh, of course I do! I love them but what they're doing is such a slap in the face!" He replied. "They could use any flower! Why that one?! They have so many options!"

I sipped some nectar and watched the two boys in Camp Half-Blood. They look happy weaving their hyacinth flower crowns. Apollo created hyacinths millennia ago. He'd transformed his deceased lover Hyacinthus of Sparta into the flowers. There was a lot of drama between Apollo and Zephyros, the west wind, over the Spartan prince Hyacinthus.

"The disrespect..." Apollo pouted.

"Look at it the way they do." I suggested. "Hyacinths were created because your love for Hyacinthus. Will and Nico are making flower crowns for each other out of the flowers created because of love."

His expression softened and he let out a heartsick sigh.

"I miss Hyacinthus..." He said then smiled down at the boys. "Perhaps you're right, Hestia."

~Will POV~

I placed a flower crown on Nico's head. The white blossoms of the flowers looked bright against his black hair. Nico leaned in and kissed me. Once he pulled away, he leaned his head on my shoulder.

"Do you think Apollo knows we used hyacinths just to piss him off?" He whispered.

A sudden heatwave swept over the camp.

"I'm gonna go with yes." I laughed.