My Hero & Doctor's Orders

(Not too long after "Blood of Olympus" but no real spoilers.)

~Nico POV~

I looked over at the Apollo table. Will laughed and joked with his siblings. One of Will's siblings tapped his shoulder and said something. Will's expression changed to surprise then looked over at me. Quickly, I looked away.

~Will POV~

As soon as I looked at him, Nico looked away. I laughed and looked at Austin.

"He has a crush on you." He told me. "I know it."

Kayla nodded in agreement.

"It's so obvious it's almost embarrassing." She added.

I rolled my eyes.

"You like him too. Just ask him out." Austin prodded.

Our other siblings prodded and agreed.

"You're bi and single." Kayla said. "You're playing both teams and losing."

"Rude." I huffed.

"Ask. Him. Out." Austin told me.

"If you're wrong, he'll stab me." I noted

Kayla and Austin exchanged looks.

"Either way, he'll stab you. He'll stab you with a knife if we're wrong, which we're not." Kayla told me.

{A Week Or So Later}

"You're all good." I assured Nico.

"Are we finally done with these dumb checkups?" He asked. "I feel fine."

"Nico, I know you've been secretly using your powers." I told him. "I'm just trying to make sure you don't kill yourself with them."

"My hero." He said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes.

"If you wanna be done with these checkups, stop using your underworld magic-y stuff." I told him then jokingly added. "I'm almost convinced you use them just to end up in the infirmary and see me."

Nico didn't respond, he just stared at me.

~Nico POV~

Shit. Shit. Shit. He actually used his critical thinking! I thought he was an idiot!

"That can't be it though." He replied, giving me a warm smile.

I blushed. How can someone wear doctor's scrubs and cargo shorts but still look hot?! I don't get it! Damn you, Will Solace!

He felt my forehead.

"Are you coming down with something?" He asked. "You don't have a fever but your face is all red..."

He backed away, pulled a chair over, sat on it backwards, and looked me up and down.

"Maybe you should stay the night in the infirmary." He suggested. "I made that sound like an offer. You'll stay in the infirmary tonight, doctor's orders!"

I nodded. Will put his chin in the back of the chair, which wasn't behind him. He looked me over again.

"You're a weird guy, Di Angelo." He told me.

"...excuse me?" I asked. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're just weird." He replied. "Don't really get it myself."

I huffed in annoyance.

"You're a real pain, you know that?" I retorted.

He rolled his eyes.