🏳️‍🌈The Ghost King and The Sun Prince(1/2)🏳️‍🌈

(Fantasy AU! Nico Di Angelo rules over the kingdom of Erebos. He's known as The Ghost King to those from other kingdoms and regions due to his kingdom's reputation. Many other kingdoms have offered princesses and queens for treaty marriages. The Ghost King has refused all. One day, his kingdom receives a visit from The king and The prince of The Kingdom of The Sun. The Sun King has his theories for why The Ghost King refuses all treaty marriages. Part 1 is kinda long. I MISSED MY ALARM TO UPDATE! I'M AN HOUR LATE!)

~Nico POV~

"Your majesty, you must marry." One of my advisors told me. "The kingdom will need an heir and-"

I simply rolled my eyes and shooed him off. That left me alone with Jules-Albert, he's my personal servant but he's probably my closest friend in the kingdom aside from my younger sister Hazel and my father's former servant Bob.

"Perhaps if my older sister had become queen like my father wanted." I sighed. "Things would be simpler for the kingdom."

Jules-Albert gave a silent nod of sympathy. My older sister, Bianca, was first in line for the throne but she fell ill and passed on. I miss her dearly. A week later our father stepped down and appointed me king then he himself passed on only days later. That was six years ago now.

I let out a sigh as one of the guards rushed in and knelt before me.

"Speak." I told him.

"The royals from The Kingdom of The Sun have arrived, Sire." He informed me. "Their king requests an audience with you immediately. He has an offer for you to think over."

"Send him in." I sighed.

Before the guard could even stand, the doors to my throne room burst open.

"Hello! Hello! I am King Apollo from The Kingdom of The Sun!" A man dressed in full golden attire announced.

"Were you...listening through the door?" I asked.

"Yes, I was. Anyway, it's a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance and meet the infamous Ghost King of Erebos." He continued. "I have come to make an offer! In one month, our kingdoms long standing treaty of peace will be at an end."

"I'm well aware. We have set a date to renew it." I reminded him.

"That is what I've come about!" He kept going. "I've come to offer a way to make our kingdoms one!"

"I will not marry one of your daughters." I replied. "I'm sure they are lovely women but I am not interested."

"Of course not. I would never try something so overdone and clearly unwanted." He assured me. "I'd like to offer one of my sons."

I stared at the king before me. Is he serious? Does that even count in a treaty marriage? There are no laws in either country about marrying someone of the same sex. Neither my father nor I would ever let such a law pass prohibiting same-sex marriage in Erebos and King Apollo has openly acknowledged his affairs with men. Could it count in a treaty marriage? A king marrying a prince? Plenty of kingdoms would call it blasphemy. I contemplated the offer.

"I assure you, even if you don't accept the marriage, I will still renew the treaty." King Apollo told me. "No need to answer now. In one week, I'd like to know your verdict."

"Then you will have my answer in a week." I told him. "My servants will show you where you'll be staying."

He bowed and exited my throne room. I sighed and looked at Jules-Albert.

"I'm going to need some fresh air." I told him.

He nodded in understanding.

{Half An Hour Later}