Accident

(Mortal AU! Nico's waiting for Will to get home after a long shift at the hospital.)

~Nico POV~

I sipped hot chocolate as I listened to music. I looked out the window. Snow fell, covering the world in a cold white blanket. Will should be getting home soon. He worked a double shift he'll probably pass out the moment he gets home. I looked at the time and frowned. He's probably stuck in traffic.

"I should get dinner started." I muttered.

I took my headphones off then put them on the table and went into the kitchen. I put my hot chocolate in the microwave to keep it warm while I cooked.

{About Half An Hour Later}

My phone started ringing on the counter. The hospital Will works at? I answered and put the phone on speaker as I chopped carrots.

"Is this Nico Di Angelo?" The person asked.

"This is." I replied. "What's this about?"

"I'm calling to inform you that your boyfriend, Will Solace, has been in a car accident." They told me. "A driver lost control on the icy roads and rear-ended his vehicle."

I froze. Silence filled the room for what felt like an eternity.

"Is...is Will alright?" I asked, my voice shaky.

I held my breath waiting for their response. Don't be worse news. Please, please, don't be worse news. Gods, please, let it not be worse news. I'm begging you.

"He's alive and awake. He's suffered some blood loss, a couple broken bones, and a few minor injuries but he'll be alright." They explained. "He's adamant he leaves immediately."

I let out the breath but didn't calm down though I cracked a smile at Will's stubbornness.

{A Little Over Forty-Five Minutes Later}

A nurse showed me where Will's bed is. My stubborn as a mule boyfriend was demanding his release papers from one of his coworkers.

"Will, please, you really should stay until the morning." His coworker told him.

"I'm fine." Will protested. "I'm a doctor too, remember? Let me leave."

"I know. You're the best doctor we've got but please just-" His coworker said.

"I am fine." Will insisted. "I'll sign myself AMA if I have to!"

They kept going. Will groaned then saw me, his face brightening up.

"Nico, hey." He said. "They didn't scare you too bad with that call did they? I'm fine! See?"

"You're stubborn, you know that?" I asked.

"Here we go..." He mumbled.

"Will, you look like hell." I told him. "You just got into an accident, you really should stay the night. One night. That's all they're asking."

"Fine." He sighed. "I'll stay the night."

His coworker gave me a grateful look.

"I'll get you moved to a room." He told Will.

Then the doctor and nurse both left. I slumped my shoulders and hugged Will, barely holding my tears back.

"You're too good at acting calm when you're upset." Will noted. "Ow! Careful! One of my ribs is broken!"

I let go of him and looked him over. He was covered with bruises and cuts, his skin was pale, his hair, clothes, and skin were damp from the snow, and he looked like he needed sleep. I placed my hand on his cheek and he leaned into my touch.

"Nico..." He murmured.

"Want me to stay with you?" I asked. "I know how much you hate sleeping in hospitals."

He nodded and I kissed his forehead.

"Alright." I said. "Just don't be too stubborn with the doctors."

He smirked and nodded.

"Okay, Neeks." He replied.

I kissed him.

"I love you, Will." I told him. "I don't say that as much as you deserve to hear it."

"I love you too, Nico." Will grinned.

{A Few Hours Later}

I woke up, shivering. This hospital room is so cold...

"Nico! Neeks! Nico! Darling!" Will whisper-shouted. "Neeks! Sweetheart! Sweetie! Nico! Nico!"

I rolled over to look at him.

"Come here!" He whisper-shouted.

I yawned then got up off the couch and went by his bed.

"What's the matter, Sunshine?" I yawned.

"I can't sleep." He told me.

"I'm not breaking you out of the hospital at 2 in the morning." I replied flatly.

"That's not what I'm asking." He rolled his eyes. "Cuddle with me. It'll help me fall asleep."

I'm too tired to argue. I sighed and climbed into bed next to him. Immediately, he wrapped his arms around me and nuzzled his face into my chest. His hair tickled my cheek, making me smile.

"You just wanted late night cuddles." I noted, wrapping my arms around him.

"Can't it be both?" He asked.

I nuzzled his hair and closed my eyes.

"I'm glad you're alright, Tesoro." I told him.

"I'm glad to be alright." He replied.

He moved his head, his piercing blue eyes as gorgeous as ever.

"Your lips on mine." He said.

I rolled my eyes before pecking his lips. He smiled triumphantly then buried his face in my shirt once more.