Parent's love

Y/N'S POV:

"y/n they're a few minutes away" Chungha shouts as she runs over to me and Jennie, a lovely new girl, who is training to be a children's nurse. "Are you ready Jennie?" I ask and she nods her head "they're here" we hear and just then, the doors burst open and the ambulance crew bring in a little girl.

"Just in here" I tell them and we get the little one onto the bed and all checked and sorted out "this is 5 year old Iseul, her mum called an ambulance after she fainted at school due to what they believe is heat stroke" Jin-young explains. "Heat stroke?, why wasn't she wearing sun cream?" I ask and he points to the mother outside, who's sobbing.

"The poor woman is 6 months pregnant, the teacher was messing her around and she sent her daughter to do sports day, completely forgetting to put suncream on her" Sehun explains and we all go quiet "is mum okay?" Jennie asks and he nods his head "she's just shaken up" Jin-young mumbles before the pair leave the room.

"Right Jennie, we need to keep checking in on her and make sure she is cooled down" I explain and she nods her head. Just then, the little girl's mum runs into the room "oh my baby" she mumbles before breaking down again "ma'am take a seat" Jennie tells the lady whilst placing a chair next to the bed.

"I'm such a bad mum, I should have made sure she was covered" Iseul's mum says and myself and Jennie go closer to her "these things happen, you're not a bad mum" I tell her and she wipes her eyes "that stupid teacher kept moving me further and further away from Iseul's race, I was worried she wouldn't get to her group in time, so I told her to go ahead" she explains.

"We don't think you're a bad mum, from what you just said, you wanted your daughter to have fun and join her friends during sports day, I bet Iseul will tell you she was having the time of her life" Jennie tells the woman and I give the girl a smile.

I go to say something, but my phone goes off and I'm needed somewhere else "Jennie, are you okay staying here and keeping me updated on Iseul?" I ask and she nods her head "of course, I will let you know when she wakes up" she tells me, with that, I thank her before leaving the room.

"y/n, apparently this is a bad one" Chungha warns me "how bad?" I ask and she shows me the phone and I feel my heart drop "I was paged?" I hear a familiar voice say from behind me "little boy being brought in, head injury possible abuse" I say to him and he takes a deep breath "are you alright princess?" he asks and I nod my head.

"I'll be fine Joon" I mumble and he quickly gives me a hug "need a hand?" someone says from behind me and I realise it's Jungkook "yes please" I say. Suddenly, the doors smash open, Hyo and Doyoung rush in with a little boy with a bloody bandage across his forehead.

"Oh my god" I whisper before the 3 of us follow them into the room "this is 2 year old Seung, his dad found him on the floor whilst mum was out" Hyo says with pure disgust in her voice. We get the little one on the bed and Hyo and Doyoung leave the room, leaving the 3 of us to care for Seung.

"Jesus Christ, look at that" Namjoon says as he removes the cover on Seung's head "You poor boy" I mumble as I pass Namjoon the things he needs to stitch up his forehead. "Excuse me, I'm Seung's dad, am I allowed in?" a man says from the door "of course, come in" Jungkook tells the guy.

"I'm so sorry this has happened mister" the dad breaks down as he falls to the floor. Myself and Jungkook run over to the poor guy "could you explain what happened?" Jungkook asks as he hands the guy a tissue. After a few seconds, he nods his head "I came back from my morning run" he starts whilst sniffling.

"I noticed that the house was really quiet, I shouted my wife's name but I didn't get an answer from her. So I went to the living room and that's where I spotted" he doesn't finish as his voice cracks and he starts crying again. "We will make sure your son has the best care, Namjoon is cleaning and stitching his wound and then we will give you the space okay" I say and the man thanks us.