You need to help us

TAE'S POV:

We have just had a call from Hyo saying that we have a 6 year old on the way. His parents called the ambulance to say their son had stopped breathing randomly.

The team is ready, which includes myself, y/n, Hobi and his team. "Is the room ready?" Jaehyun asks and I nod my head "we can bring him in, y/n and Tae can get him set up with the tubes, that's when we will step in and take over" Hobi decides and we all agree.

Just then, the door opens and we see Hyo and Sehun running in with the little boy "this is 6 year old Choi Jae, we managed to get his breathing steady in the ambulance but it's not strong" Sehun explains as we all run into the room.

"Ready y/n?" I ask and she nods her head. We transfer Jae to the bed and get him all set up before allowing Hobi and his team to take over "his parents are outside" we hear Chungha say from the door "we'll go speak to them" y/n says and we both walk out and head to the couple.

As we reach the parents, I noticed this really strong smell of what appears to be cigarettes and I see that y/n smelt it too "is our baby okay?" the mum asks as she sees us walk over "he's being looked over and they're trying to get his breathing steady" y/n explains.

"Can you tell us what happened, any information would be helpful" I ask and they go silent "we were all sitting together and watching TV, then he just collapsed" the dad explains, the mum just nods her head. "Right, well what was he doing when he collapsed?" I ask, trying to get more out of them "he was walking towards us and then he fell over" the mums tells us.

I see y/n pull a thinking face and go to say something but she interrupted by the mum "please, no more questions" she says. Myself and y/n agree and walk over to the reception area "so they were all sitting there, watching TV but Jae was also walking towards them and collapsed but fell over and stopped breathing" y/n says out loud.

"They're hiding something" I say and y/n agrees "did you smell the smoke on them?" y/n asks and I nod my head "I did, they stink of cigarettes" I say and we look over at the couple, who are now laughing at something on their phones.

"I'll get Chungha to keep an eye on them" y/n says before giving me a hug and walks away. I head into the room and see Hobi reading something with an unsure face "what's the matter?" I ask and Hwasa turns to me "his lungs are damaged to the point he may need a transplant" she explains.

"Whatever happened in that house has caused his lungs to shut down" Seonghwa says. "I believe mum and dad smoke in the house" I let out and they all turn to me "what makes you say that?" Jaehyun asks and I point to the parents through the window "they stink of cigarettes, y/n smelt it too" I explain.

"They said that they were all sitting there, watching TV but Jae was also walking towards them and collapsed but fell over and stopped breathing" I add and they all pull a confused face "that makes no sense" Hobi grumbles.

"Chungha is hopefully gonna watch out for the parents and give us information on them if she sees anything" I tell them and they nod their heads. I leave the room to go find Jungkook but I don't need to look for long since I see him speaking to Jae's parents.

"Under no circumstances should you smoke in this hospital, especially in the children's ward, if you want to smoke, go outside" he snaps before walking over to me. "Fucking idiots" he mumbles "they're the parents of the little boy Hobi is helping, he's not in good shape" I explain.

Jungkook just shakes his head in disgust "they stink of cigarettes, I'm tempted to have them removed because apparently two other people have complained about the smell" he tells me. "The hell is that smell?" we hear someone say from behind us.