Chapter 17

Dean and Bobby shared a look I knew from Deans's Eyes. "I'm so sorry, Sis." Dean tried to hug me, but I ran towards the burned-down house. "Kaylee, Kaylee," Bobby called me over to Dean, who was leaning against the Impala in pain. "Dean, what's happening?"  I walked over, holding his hands, which he held in his head. "I don't know what this is like, a headache." He finally said under some heavy breathing. "What?" I asked, confused. "I'm not sure," he said, motioning something weird with his hand. "Did you have a vision Sam gets?" Bobby asked. "What, no. Im not a psychic." Dean grumpily said. "What is going on? Where is Sam?" I asked, worried, but neither Dean nor Bobby would answer me. "He, he had been taken somewhere," Bobby explained. "Who? Where is he?"

I was panicking, thinking about what was happening to Sam. "We gonna find him, okay Kaylee?" Bobby placed his massive hand on my shoulder. I walked back to the burned-down house, kneeling on the ground, knowing that I might never see Ash, Ellen and Jo ever again. "Kaylee, come on, I know where Sam is," Bobby called for me. I quickly got up and returned to the car, where Dean and Bobby waited for me. "Where are we going?" I asked, but Dean got into the car. Bobby nodded to my car, so I got in while he got into the Impala with Dean. I followed Dean to where he thought Sam was. I exited my car, grabbed my weapons, and met with Dean and Bobby. "So what do you think?" I whispered to Dean. "Well, we'll find out when we get there," he whispered. "Looks like the rest of the ways on foot," Bobbby grumbled and walked on, so Dean and I followed him. It was muddy, but I was fine looking around for anybody to walk up to us. As we reached the farm, there was nobody there. Only the lights of our flashlight were visible. "Where is he?" I asked in a hushed voice when I saw somebody in front of a building; I recognized Sam.

 "Sammy." I ran past Bobby and Dean towards Sam, who looked relieved to see me, and when I was almost halfway there, I saw the army man behind Sam with a knife in his hand. "Sam, watch out behind you," I yelled and ran faster. As I reached Sam, I grabbed his jacket and pushed him behind me when I felt something stabbing me in the back. "Kaylee," Dean yelled as I fell to my knees. I breathed in and out, feeling the pain when somebody touched me on the back, just as the pain was too much, and I felt the knife in my back through the pain. "Stay with me, Sis, please stay with me." Sam's voice was cracking from the tears. Dean kneeled beside me, and I felt his hand in mine, shaking, begging me to stay awake when I felt my eyes getting heavier and slowly closing.

The next time I woke up, I was lying on an old mattress in an old house. "What happened?" I asked Sam, sitting beside the bed quietly, crying. "Kaylee, what happened?" Sam asked, worried. "I don't know, you tell me." I still felt pain in my back where I got stabbed, but when I looked at my back in a mirror, I only saw a scar where the blade hit me. "I... I don't know. I'm not sure how you are living. I- I mean, you were dead like dead dead." Sam said, confused. "Well, whatever happened, im happy I'm still here." I shrugged when Dean walked into the room. When he saw me, he stopped. "Kaylee. How are you feeling?" he asked, slowly walking up to me.

"Great." Dean hugged me tight until I wasn't able to breathe. "Dean, I can't breathe." I was struggling to breathe until Dean let me go. "Sorry. Im just happy to see you up and around, that's all." Dean, Sam and I sat down when I saw Dean's face looking sad, but I couldn't figure out why. "Dean, please tell me what happened." Dean took my hand in his. I covered both our hands with mine. "You don't remember getting stabbed?" Dean asked. "Just that, nothing else, just that I pushed Sam away, and then something hit me in the back." I looked over to Sam. "Yeah, that kid stabbed you in the back. You lost a lot of blood. It was pretty touch and go for a while." Dean smiled slightly, but I was still sad; he knew something but wouldn't tell me. "Dean, that wound must have been deep. How did you patch her up." Sam asked on my other side. "I didn't do it. It was Bobby." Sam looked confused over to Dean. "Who was that kid anyways?" Dean asked Sam. "His name was Jake. I couldn't keep up with him." Sam shook his head. "We're gonna find him, and I'm gonna tear this son of a bitch apart." Sam and I were determined, but I didn't know If I was strong enough. I got up and walked to the door, but Dean stopped me. "Kaylee, whoa, hold on, take it easy, alright. You must be starving. Let's get you something to eat, alright." Dean sat me down at a little table and walked out of the door, telling me to wait before closing the door. Around half an hour later, he returned with food in a bag and a giant soda. While we ate, Sam told us what happened between getting taken and us showing up at the farm. "The roadhouse burned down. Ash is Dead, and Ellen, we don't know, many hunters too." Dean told Sam that when I heard about Ash, a piece of my heart chipped off thinking about the time we had together. "Demons?" Sam asked while I was just quietly sitting between them. "Yeah, we think so. We think because Ash found something." Dean said and told us about Ash calling and wanting to meet Dean.