Chapter 24

I grabbed Dean, checked him, but he was okay and turned back to Sam and Ruby. "How the hell did you get out?" Dean asked. "I'd like to know that too." I mumbled. "What you don't know about me could fill a book." Ruby grumbled. I looked around while we ran to the house for any incoming demons while Sam, Dean and Ruby argued behind me. "It's already over. I gave you a way to save Dean. You shot me down. Now it's too late. He's dead. And I'm not going to let you die, too." Ruby snapped. "Try and stop me, and I'll kill you. Bitch." Sam growled back. "Hit me with your best shot, baby." Ruby was close to Sam. "Guys, you can fight later." I growled. We abruptly stopped seeing two people standing on a porch, and another man with a briefcase stared at us at the next house. "So much about the element of surprise." Dean grumbled. Sam shoved us forward towards Lilith's house. We looked around at the incoming demons while Sam was picking the lock. "Where is Bobby?" Dean grumbled. I stepped over to Sam, who couldn't open the lock. "you need help." I asked when Dean yelled at Sam to hurry up. Suddenly the sprinklers turned on maiking the demons scream, Bobby has turned the normal water into holy water creating a barrier between us and the demons. "Great Job, Bobby." I mumbled before grabbing Dean, who was laughing at the demons, into the house, where we stopped seeing a smoked body lying on the floor. "You think Lilith knows we're here?" Dean asked. I saw a quick shrug from Ruby. "Probably." she mumbled. We looked around and entered the living room. Sam, with the knife, first, followed by Ruby, Dean, and me. Dean grabbed the father, we knew we had to watch out since we didnt know where Lilith was. Dean, Sam and he talked, we insurred him he would be safe in the basement with a line of salt behind the door. "You have to trust us, sir." I whispered when Dean punched him knocking him out, when I looked confused at Dean he ignored me and walked out of the room, while Sam and Ruby went upstairs I stayed with Dean downstairs. when all of a sudden Dean ran upstairs hearing him yell upstairs, a few minutes later Dean came down with a woman and a little girl followed by Sam and Ruby. Dean told them to go into the basement, which they did. "Well, I hate to be a "Told you so"." Ruby grumbled. "Alright, Ruby, where is she?" Sam asked back, turning to face her. "I don't know." We entered the living room. "Could she get past the sprinklers?" I asked. "Her pay grade, she ain't sweating the holy water." Ruby replied. "What do I have to do?" Sam asked Ruby. "What do you mean?" Ruby asked back. "To save Dean." Sam replied. "Sam, no." I walked between them, looking up at my brother. Sam and Dean argued for a minute. I finally had enough and stepped between them. "Stop it." I growled. "What am I supposed to do?" Sam asked, ignoring me. "Keep fighting. Take care of my wheels. Sam, remember what Dad taught you... okay, and take care of her, alright?" Dean nodded to me. Sam nodded. We were both holding our tears back. "And remember what I taught you." Dean smiled, but I saw a tear in his eyes while the clock ticked slowly behind us towards midnight. Suddenly, a howl was heard sacking me. I knew it was a hellhound. We heard a growling nearby; Dean, standing close to me, grabbed my hand, pulling me close behind him. "Hellhound." he whispered. I looked around to find where the ghost dog was. "Where?" Sam asked. "There." Dean whispered, nodding to a point. I looked over but saw nothing, just the faint growling. Dean ran out of the room, pulling me behind him closely, followed by Sam and Ruby into another room, closing the door. Dean released me, pouring out the dust underneath the door, and the pounding against the door stopped while Dean did the same with the windowsill. Ruby wanted the knife, but Sam refused to give it to her. When Dean realized that it wasn't Ruby but Lilith, I stayed behind Dean with my gun drawn. After some back and forth, Lilith had me thrown against the wall, holding me down with force while she and Sam talked, although Dean, who was clearly in pain on a table, tried to intervene. "I don't have to answer to puppy chow." Lilith whispered, walking away from Sam to the door and letting the hound in. "Noo." I yelled, leaping up from where I was running towards my brother, bumping into something standing over Dean, but when I turned around, I felt something sharp clawing into my leg. I scream, releasing Dean and getting pulled away. "Kaylee." Sam placed my back against the wall. "Make it stop," Sam yelled in Ruby's Body towards Lillith. Sam and I watched the Deans's body getting ripped open by invisible claws. Sam and I were screaming for it to stop when it suddenly stopped after a flashing light; when I looked over, Dean was on a table, not moving, and Ruby was lying in front of it. I tried to get up, but my leg was in serious pain. I crawled over to the table and pulled myself up, seeing Dean's glassy eyes, knowing that his life ended or he was already in hell. "Dean." I sniffed the tears away, holding on to the table and placing my hand over his chest where his heart was, but I couldn't feel it beat. "Dean," I screamed before bawling my eyes out, placing my ear on his chest, which wasn't bloody. I could speak and sobbed next to Sam, who was still trying to convince Dean to wake up, but I knew he was dead.