Chapter 21

As we left the house, I snickered over at Sam. "Dude, she was so gonna eat you alive." Dean and I were teasing him until Sam said it was enough, but I knew this wasn't finished yet, so I cut it for now. We reached the docks and walked along the pier. "What a crazy old broad." Dean said, smiling, redirecting the topic back to Gert. "Why? Because she believed in ghosts?" Sam asked while I quietly walked beside them. "Look at you sticking up for your girlfriend. You cougar hound." Dean teased. "Bite me." Sam growled, making me giggle on the inside. "Hey, not if she bites you first. So, who's this, Alex? We got another player in town?" I asked turning to face my brothers and walking backwards at the same time, Sam shrugged with his shoulders as I made a turn walking forward. "Maybe, maybe not. Doesn't change our job." Sam shrugged his shoulder. "And what looked like a ghost ship, right?" Dean asked. "Yeah. It's not the first one sighted around here either." Sam mumbled a little under his breath. "Really?" Dean and I said that he stopped before continuing. "Yeah. Every 37 years, like clockwork, reports of a vanishing three-mast clipper ship out in the bay. And every 37 years, a rash of weirdo, dry-land drownings." Sam told us, which we didn't know. "How do you know?" I asked but didn't get an answer. "So, whatever's happening is just getting started." Dean said while I tried to ask Sam. "I did some research while in the car." Sam answered me first before turning to Dean. "Well, there are apparitions of old wrecks sighted worldwide. The S.S. Violet, the Griffin, the Flying Dutchman – almost all are death omens." I pulled out my phone and did a little research about the ships mentioned by Sam. "That shouldn't be too hard. How many three-mast clipper ships have wrecked off the coast?" Dean asked. "I found a hundred and five ships." I said, holding my phone up. "Wow." Dean looked at my phone for a second. "Yeah." I scoffed as I continued walking to the parking lot where we parked the Impala. "This is where we parked the car, right?" Dean asked, confused. "Yeah, where is the car?" I asked. "Did you feed the meter?" Sam asked. "Yes, I fed the meter. Sam, where's my car? Somebody stole my CAR!" Dean yelled, panicking and struggling to breathe. "Easy, Dean, Dean breath." I held Dean's shoulder while talking to him. "I am calmed down! Somebody stole my car-" Dean bent down, holding his knees while hyperventilating. Then, all of a sudden, Bella approached us out of the blue. "The '67 Impala? Was that yours?" she asked. "Give us the car back bitch." I growled. "Im sorry I had the car towed." Bela smirked. I tried to walk up to her, but Sam held me back. "She's not worth it." Sam whispered. "It was in a tow-away zone." Bela raised her shoulders. "No, it wasn't." I snapped. "It was when I was finished." Bela shrugged his shoulder. "What the hell are you doing here?" Dean asked, still angry. "A little yachting." Bela answered, flipping her hair. "Your Alex. You're working with that old lady." I looked over at Bela, still annoyed by her stupid action. "Gerts, a dear old friend." Bela smiled. "Yeah, right." I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "What's your angle?" Dean asked. "There's no angle. Many lovely older women like Gert up and down the eastern seaboard. I sell them charms, perform séances so they can commune with their dead cats." Bela crossed her arms in front of her chest. "And let me guess, it's all a con, none of it's real." Dean raised an eyebrow. "The comfort I provide them is genuine." Bela replied. "So all you give them is bullshit?" I asked. "Well, the comfort counts." she looked over at me. "How do you sleep at night?" Sam asked. "On silk sheets, rolling naked in money." I looked over to Dean who nodded probably visualizing what Bela said, I smacked him on the back of the head. "You have a dirty mind, brother." I whispered, before Dean smacked me back Bela continued. "Sam. I'd expect the attitude from him, but you?" Bela said before arguing with Sam when Dean got into this. "You do know what's going on around here. This ghost-ship thing, it is real." Dean growled. "Im aware. Thanks for telling Gert the case wasn't solved, by the way." Bela was still being a bitch, not regretting what she did. "It isn't." Dean argued back. "She didn't know that. Now, the old bag's payment has stopped, and she's demanding real answers. Look... stay out of my way before you cause any more trouble. I'd get to that car if I were you... before they find the arsenal in the trunk." Bela turned around and walked away, only to turn for a last bye before getting into her car. "Can I shoot her?" Dean asked. "Yeah, I wanna do that too." I growled. "Not in public." Sam shook his head, and I scoffed. Luckily, we got the car back and drove to the Motel. The next day, we caught wind of another victim, so we investigated at the house and seeing Bela already there disguised as a reporter, we told her we would handle it but had to leave a few minutes later the night we hid in the woods close to the victim's house where the brother lived. We watched his house for a while, talking about the family when Peter, the victim's brother, saw us, but when he tried to drive away, the car died, all of us knew it must be a spirit when it appeared in the back seat just as Sam reached the Impala to get the salt gun. We yelled for Peter while we tried to open the locked doors.