Chapter 30

Dean looked over from the couch he was on while I paced around in the study. "Not just know. People we couldn't save. Hey, I saw something on Meg. Did she have a tattoo when she was alive?" Dean asked. I looked over to Sam, who knew Meg better. "I don't think so," Sam replied unsure. "It was a mark on her hand, almost like a brand," Dean explained. Sam saw the same mark on Henrickson when he got attacked in the bathroom. "What did it look like?" Bobby asked, and Sam drew it on a piece of paper before we walked down into the basement and into a panic room Bobby had made out of Iron and salt. "You're awesome, Bobby." I was on the top bunk while the boys made salt bullets, and Bobby tried to find out what mark was on Meg.

We got the spirits away back to rest and went to sleep; while Sam slept on the couch, I was next to Dean with my head resting close to his chest. Suddenly, I felt Dean move, and when I opened my eyes, I saw him standing in the kitchen, quietly talking to somebody. A few Days Later, after a few weird cases, we worked on a case in Rock Ridge, Colorado. Sam, Dean and I were in the morgue with the coroner showing us the body. Agents, meet Frank O'Brien." he opened a man's bag. "He died of a heart attack, right?" I asked, confused since he didn't look like he had died of a heart attack; the coroner nodded. "Three days ago," he replied. "But O'Brien was 44 years old and, according to this ­ a marathon runner," Sam said, who had the report in his hand. "Everybody drops dead sooner or later. It's why I got job security." The coroner shrugged his shoulders. "Yeah, but Frank kicked it here. Now, just yesterday, two perfectly healthy men bit it in Maumee. All heart attacks, you don't think that's strange?" Dean asked. "Sounds like Maumee's problem to me. Why's the FBI give a damn, anyway?" the coroner asked. "We just want to see the result of Frank's  autopsy." I kindly smiled at the coroner. "What autopsy?" he asked back. "The one you're gonna do." Dean nodded to the body between us. I stepped to the side while Dean and Sam assisted the coroner during the autopsy while I had my hands in my pockets and watched. "You know what? When you drop dead, you tend to drop. The body probably got scraped up when it hit the ground. Huh!" the coroner said as he cut open the chest to look at the heart. "What?" Sam asked, confused. "I-I can't find any blockages in any major arteries." The coroner had bent over the body; he broke off the heart, taking another better look at the heart before taking it out of the chest cavity. I looked over to Dean, who was trying hard not to puke. "You okay, Dean?" I asked quietly. Dean looked over and gave me a light nod. "Heart looks pretty damn healthy," he mumbled, handing the heart to Dean. I giggled a little bit while he was uncomfortably holding the heart in his hands when a splash of blood hit Sam in the face and Dean on the apron he had on. "Oh, sorry, spleen juice," Dean smirked this time while I turned around, not to let Sam see that I was laughing. After we visited the morgue, we went to the sheriff's office, where a young deputy greeted us and asked us to wait, so we sat down in silence while the police walked around doing their job. A grumpy-looking sheriff stepped out of one of the offices and asked us into his office, but before we entered, we took off our shoes, which was odd, but we just did as we were told while Sam and Dean sat in front of the desk, I was sitting on the chair next to Dean, a little to the side. "Okay. So, what can I do for Uncle Sam?" Sheriff Britton asked who was sitting behind his desk sanitizing his hands. "Well, we're looking into the death of Frank O'Brien. We understand some of your men found his body." I explained. "They did. Me and Frank were friends. Hell, we were gamecocks." he replied. Hearing a snickering giggle from my side, I nudged Dean with a stern look. "That's our softball team's name," he explained. "They're majestic animals. I have known Frank since high school. Just this morning, I got up the strength to see him. Frank was...He was a good man." he ended. "Before he died, did you notice Frank acting strange? Maybe scared of something?" Sam asked. I moved over to Sam and back to Sheriff Britton. "Oh, hell yeah. Jumpy." Sheriff nodded. "You know what scared him?" I asked, curious. "No. He wouldn't answer his phone. Finally, I sent some of my boys over to check on him, and well, you know the rest." he said, resanitizing his hand, which was weird. "So, why the Feds give a crap? You don't think there's a case here?" he asked. "We are just doing what we were told." I kindly replied. After that talk, we left the office, returned our shoes, and walked out. "No way that was a heart attack." Dean growled while I just walked silently beside them. "No way. Three victims, all with those same red scratches. All went from jittery to terrified to dead within 48 hours." Sam replied I was a little in my thoughts. "Something scared them to death?" Dean asked. "All right, so what can do that?" I asked, snapping out of my thoughts. "What can't? Ghosts, vampires, chupacabra? It could be a hundred things." Dean got frustrated. "Yeah. So we make a list and start crossing things off." Sam suggested. "Alright, who's the last person who says Frank is alive?" Dean asked. "Uh, his neighbour, Mark Hutchins." Sam replied, so we went to the neighbour's house.