Chapter 8

Somehow, my brothers woke me up a few hours later with loud talking. "Jesus, you guys are loud," I grumbled, sleepy. "Sorry. We have some news about what might killed Meredith," Sam told me. I was curious since I hadn't figured out what killed her. I got up in my Stitch Shirt and the Shorts I had on. "A Daeva?" I asked after Sam told me what he figured out and what he saw at the house. "Looks like she was using that black altar to control that thing," Sam said towards Dean. "So Sammy got a thing for the bad girl." I giggled a little. "What was the deal with the bowl again?" Dean asked. "She was talking into it. The way witches used to scry into crystal balls or animals entails. She was communicating with somebody." Sam explained again. "With who? With the Daeva?" Dean asked. "No, you said those things were savages. No, this was someone different. Someone who's giving her orders. Someone who's comin' to that warehouse." Sam said while Dean thought about it and then went to the Table where I was sitting, looking through the file I had brought. "Holy Crap," Dean spoke out loud. "What?" Sam and I asked at the same time. "The complete records of the victims. We missed something the first time," Dean explained, looking over the file. "What?" Sam and I asked, and we both came closer to Dean. "The first victim, the old man who spent his whole life in Chicago but wasn't born here. Look where he was born." Dean pointed at the paper in front of him. "Lawrence Kansas." Sam and I said at the same time. Dean nodded and picked up the second file. "Meredith, the second victim, turns out she was adopted. And Guess where she's from." Dean said, pointing to the file he had in front of him. We both read the exact two words as the first victim. "Holy Crap," Sam exclaimed. I nodded. "You think it had something to do with Mom?" I asked Dean. "you mean the Deava is working for the yellow eyes demon?" Dean asked. It beats me. I say we trash the altar and grab Meg to interrogate her." Dean suggested. "No, we can't. We should tip her off. We have to stake out that warehouse. We've gotta see who or what is showing up to meet her." Sam replied. "Oh, come on, Sammy, if Meg is working with that Deava, we have to know who she has been communicating with and who is meeting with her. Dean, right." I told him, walking over to the bed and pulling on a hoodie, Sam, I always steal. "I'll tell you one thing. I don't think we should do this alone." Sam said, I knew he meant Dad, but we didn't know if he was even in the area. "Sam, We don't know if Dad is here, okay? Let's get the weapons from our arsenal and try to make a plan." My voice was soft while I was talking to him. "Alright." Sam scoffed. While I was in the bathroom getting showered and dressed, Sam got some weapons from the cars, and Dean tried to make a plan on how to stake the warehouse. Dean ended a phone call he made probably to Dad as I went out of the bathroom. "Voicemail?" Sam asked just as I walked out. "Yeah." Dean nodded and pointed to the bag he had. "Jesus, what'd you get?" he asked curiously. "I ransacked the Trunk and got holy water, every weapon I could think of and everything on exorcism rituals from about a half dozen religions. I'm unsure what to expect, so we should expect everything." Sam put the bag on the Table, got some shotguns out of the amo, and we silently put them into the guns. We silently loaded the guns, Sam and Dean started talking while I just listenend to their conversation, at the warehouse we stopped the cars and walked in quietly with our guns out ready to shoot. We hid behind some crates, watching a woman with short blond hair standing before a table, talking in an ancient language. "Guys hiding behind some crates is childish, don't you think?" She suddenly asked. Dean Sam and I shared a look. "How did she know we were here?" I quietly asked. "Well, that didn't go as planned." Dean whispered when I saw the blond chick turn around to face us. "Why don't you come out?" she said. Dean and Sam got up from behind the crate. "The Girl as well. Come on." she demanded. I got up, straightening my Jacket. "Sam, I have to say, this puts a real crimp in our relationship." I snorted out but didn't say anything. "Tell me about it." Sam grumbled. "So you, Meg?" I asked, trying to be friendly. "Yes, and your Kaylee?" she asked back when Dean interrupted us. "Okay, enough now, you girls. Where is your Deava friend?" he asked with a hand in front of me, stopping me from walking forward. "Around. You know, that shotgun's not going to do much good." Meg shrugged her shoulder before pointing to the Shotgun in Deans's Hand. "Oh, don't worry, sweetheart. The shotguns are not for the demon." Dean said with a light smirk. "So, who is Meg? Who's coming?" Sam asked, I felt something behind me but when I looked around I coulnt see anyone. "It's a trap." I whispered when I felt something pulling me backwards against the crates. I groaned out in pain, holding my back when some wave hit me, banging my head against the wood behind me. I wasn't unconscious for a long since I woke up to a fight and Dean yelling for Sam to throw the altar over; out of the corner of my eye, I saw Meg getting dragged by a shadow creature to the window's shattered glass, and the Sam and Dean getting up, so I did the same.