Chapter 9

I looked over to my brothers. "I guess those spirits don't like to get bossed around," I said quietly behind them, looking down at Meg on the pavement beneath us. "Are you okay, Sis?" Dean asked to my left, worried. He and Sam looked pretty beaten up. "Eh, just my scratched Ego, but I'll be fine." I shrugged my shoulders. "Well, I guess you're right. They don't like to get bossed around," Dean mumbled. "Hey, Sam?" Dean added. "Hm?" Sam grumbled to my right.

 "Next time you wanna get laid, find a girl that's not so buckets-o'-crazy, huh?" Dean smiled while saying that. I snickerly laughed a little before walking back to the stairs. I followed him a minute later. Back at the Motel, I felt my back not so painful, just sore from the fall against the crates. Sam and Dean were in front of me. "Why didn't you just leave the stuff in the car?" Dean asked in front of me. "I said it before, and I'll repeat it better safe than sorry." Sam and Dean argued about the Bag Sam was carrying with the weapons. Dean unlocked the room, but when we entered it, I stood still, seeing a man in the corner. "Hey," Dean yelled. When the man turned around, I saw Dad standing there. "Dad?" I quietly asked. "Hey, Kids." Dad gave us a big smile. I walked up to him and hugged him before stepping back, allowing Dean to greet Dad. They both shared a long hug. "Hi, Sam." Dad looked over my shoulder to the youngest. "Hey, Dad." Sam nodded his head lightly. They didn't hug; they just looked at each other. "Dad, I know it was a mistake to walk away from hunting." I quietly whispered, but Dad motioned me to be quiet. "Dad, it was a trap. I didn't know, I'm sorry." Dean quietly told him while I stood between my brothers, not knowing what to say. "It is all right. I thought it might've been." Dad replied. I frowned my eyebrows. "Where you there?" I asked Dad. "I got there to see the girl take the swan dive. She was the bad guy, right?" Dad asked. "Yes, sir." We all three said at the same time. "Good, well, it doesn't surprise me. It's trying to stop me before." Dad explained. "You think the demon that killed Mom is closer?" I asked. "Yeah, it knows it wants to kill it," Dad told us. "How?" Dean asked when I saw a smile on Dad's face. "I'm working on that," he told us. Sam stepped forward, placing his hand on his shoulder. "Let us come with you. Well, help." Dad shook his head lightly. I only saw the warning that Dean gave Sam. It was too late to know that this mission was too dangerous. "No, Sam, Not yet. Just try to understand. This demon is a scary son of a bitch. I don't want you caught in a crossfire. I don't want you or your sister hurt." Dad told him with a hand on Sam's arm. It's good to see both of you again. It's been a long time." Dad said, smiling over to me. I smiled back. "Too Long." Sam quietly whispered while I whipped my face clean from my tears. Dad, Sam and I hugged until suddenly, something hit us all right in the back, tossing us across the room against a cupboard. I tried to get up when I felt something running down my face beneath my eye. It was a cut down my cheek. "Shut your eyes! These things are shadow demons, so let's light 'em up!" Sam yelled, and as quickly as possible, I closed my eyes, moving my hands in front of my face. I looked around the room, searching for my brothers and Father, when I felt something touching my shoulder. Dean guided me out of the room while I felt somebody behind me, knowing Sam or Dad were on my heels. Outside the Motel, We walked down an alleý where our cars were parked. "All right, come on. We don't have much time. As soon as that flares out, they'll be back." Sam ushered us into the cars. "Wait, wait, wait! Sam, wait, Dad, you can't come with us." Dean yelled as I was almost in my car, turning around to look at my brother. "What? What are you talking about?" Sam asked, confused. I was also confused. I got out of the car again but didn't close my door. "You kids, you're beat to hell," Dad said, looking over to my brother's cuts on their faces. "Well, be alright." I stepped next to Dad. "Don't worry about us, you know. "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger." I have these two with me." I smiled with my hand on his shoulder. I heard Sam and Dean talking behind us. "Sammy, this fight is just starting. And we are all going to have a part to play. For now, you've got to trust me, son." I saw my brother shaking his head. "Okay, you've gotta let me go." We stayed silent momentarily, just looking at each other close to tears. I sniffed lightly, feeling my brother's hand on my shoulder. I saw Dad and Dean share a look. "Be careful, boys. Take care of your Sister." Dad said before he walked over to the Truck parked behind my white Camaro. We watched him drive away. "Come on." Dean nudged me. I walked over to my car and started, following my brothers out of the alleyway. We drove to Texas and solved a case there while I was in the middle of a cat-and-mouse game of pranks between Sam and Dean that I would not want to get involved in. "Seriously?" I asked, watching them playing childish games. A few days later we were in Nebraska in a little shop while Dean flipped through the newspaper I was sipping on my coffee and Sam behind his laptop.