nineteen

🐎🫧🎨 GORGEOUS ! 🎨🫧🐎
( a cole walter fanfic )

🐎🫧🎨 GORGEOUS ! 🎨🫧🐎( a cole walter fanfic )

PART NINETEEN hey siri

"like my grandma always says, an apple cider a day keeps your hair from turning gray," cole spoke to the people passing by the booth.

alex, carrying a jug of apple cider, placed it between jackie and cole, posturing himself between them. "our grandma never said that."

bothered by his brother's slight touch, cole looked him up and down. "who cares?" he said as he scooted a tad bit away.

"well, i do. but i wouldn't expect you to give a shit about honesty," alex commented, tapping his fingers on the jug. his words carried an underlying meaning that seemed to pass over jackie's head but earned a scoff from cole in response.

"by all means, bro. show us how it's done," cole threw his hand in the air, inviting his brother to take the lead.

alex looked at cole weirdly before turning back to jackie and scoffing. "hey, excuse me! excuse me! miss?" alex yelled out to a girl who was in the middle of a conversation with her friend, her back facing them.

hearing someone call for her, the girl turned around and looked at alex with a questioning glare. "can i interest you in a refreshing, 100% guilt-free, all-natural cider that's been in the family for generations?" he offered. cole suppressed the urge to laugh as the teenage girl blinked before turning back to her conversation, clearly uninterested.

"no, not the cider itself, the recipe. the cider is definitely... fresh," alex stuttered, realizing he had lost the woman's interest. jackie offered a tight-lipped smile, giving him a friendly pat on the shoulder.

cole couldn't resist a touch of sarcasm, "well, that was really smooth, alex. you almost had her."

"but watch and take notes, okay?" he patted alex on the shoulder before approaching the teenage girl again. he skillfully apologized for his brother's mistake and spun a false historical fact, claiming the cart kept union soldiers hydrated during the civil war. whatever lies he concocted, they seemed to change her mind, as she agreed to take two bottles.

"thank you," cole smiled as he made his way back behind the cart. "she'll take two ciders," he announced.

alex, feeling irritated by his brother's pride and slightly humiliated, clenched his jaw as he walked away from the cart. it wasn't until cole noticed who he was walking towards that it was his turn to clench his jaw.

blanca's eyes swept across the huddle scene, a kaleidoscope of lights and laughter. elijah, charming as ever, held her belongings – a small coach handbag, a pink teddy bear bunny won at a nearby booth, and her watermelon agua fresca. the tantalizing aroma of elote wafted through the air as she savored each bite.