twenty-one

🐎🫧🎨 GORGEOUS ! 🎨🫧🐎
( a cole walter fanfic )

🐎🫧🎨 GORGEOUS ! 🎨🫧🐎( a cole walter fanfic )

PART TWENTY-ONE liar

the morning light filtered through the curtains, casting a warm, golden hue across the room. the bedroom was a symphony of disarray, with clothes strewn haphazardly on the carpeted floor. the rumpled bedsheets silently exposed tales of a wild night.

as the first rays of sunlight attempted to pierce the fabric barrier, cole stirred from his slumber. a faint glow outlined the edges of the curtains, creating a serene yet chaotic atmosphere. the air held a subtle scent of yesterday, a mixture of cologne and the faint lingerings of a late-night snack.

amidst the disorder, cole's phone chimed with urgency. the jarring sound cut through the tranquility, signaling an abrupt awakening. with a groggy reluctance, he reached down to the floor, fingers fumbling until they found the cool surface of his phone. the screen illuminated, revealing a multiple messages that shattered the calm of the morning.

7 unread messages
7 missed calls

mom now
call me right now.

jackie  10:19AM
i'm at the cart- are you coming?

parker 10:15AM
game's about to start.
where are you cole?

mom 10:05AM
are you okay?

parker 9:40AM
see you at the game!🥳😇

cole's sudden realization jolted him into action. sitting up straight, he mentally scolded himself for the oversight. the urgency of the situation propelled him into silent motion. with careful precision, he slipped out of the bed, mindful not to disturb erin, who still slumbered peacefully in the bed.

the muted rustle of fabric accompanied his movements as he retrieved his pants from the chaotic floor. each deliberate step spoke of a delicate balance between urgency and consideration. cole navigated the dimly lit room, the morning light now casting long shadows. as he dressed, the room retained its silent atmosphere, save for the gentle sounds of fabric settling into place.

katherine's arrival infused the home with a sense of ordinary chaos. the side door creaked open, and she stepped into the kitchen where george, engrossed in his sandwich-making mission, greeted her with a casual "hey."

as katherine dropped her purse on the kitchen island, the clink of a cup being retrieved resonated as she prepared to share her day.

"how was the game?" george inquired, his attention divided between layers of sandwich ingredients.

"brutal," katherine replied, her purse rested beside her as she reached into a cubby for a cup.

"yeah, most games with nine years old are"

"oh no, she was fine about the game. it's just that cole never showed up," she explained, her words hanging in the air like an unexpected twist.

george, sandwich-making momentarily halted, reacted with surprise. "what? he's been practicing with her for weeks," he exclaimed, a mixture of confusion and concern furrowing his brow.

katherine's frustration manifested as she poured water into her glass, the cool liquid a contrast to the heated concern in her voice. "i know, and i tried calling him a bunch of times, but he didn't pick up," she shared, the weight of cole's absence evident in her words. "she was so upset."

george, now fully attentive to the situation, sighed in empathy. "well, yeah, of course she is. i would be too," he admitted, his focus shifting from the sandwich to the unfolding conversation. "i just don't know what's gotten into him lately."

outside on the porch stairs, parker sat with a heavy heart, her eyes fixed on the jersey that seemed to carry the weight of disappointment and sadness. the sunlight played on the fabric, casting a subdued glow on her downturned face.

as footsteps approached, parker's ears tuned into the familiar sound, and she instinctively knew who they belonged to. determination fueled her movements as she stood up, marching towards cole, who awaited her with an apologetic expression.

"parker, i can explain," cole started, but his attempt at an explanation was swiftly cut off by his sister's frustration.

"no, you promised you were gonna be there, but you weren't!" parker exclaimed, her disappointment tangible.

in a burst of emotion, she threw her jersey at him. "you're a liar." with that, she stormed back into the house, slamming the door behind her.

left alone on the porch, cole crouched down to pick up the discarded blue jersey, regret etched across his face. the weight of broken promises lingered in the air.

looking up, he noticed blanca's presence in the window, a silent witness to the unfolding scene. their eyes met briefly, blanca's expression blank, before she closed her blinds, leaving cole alone with his remorse on the porch.

 their eyes met briefly, blanca's expression blank, before she closed her blinds, leaving cole alone with his remorse on the porch

Athena's interlude 🎀🫧
yay, we finally made it
episode four 🥳