9: INEZ

I've been living in New York for two weeks and I love it. From the morning walks in Central Park and breakfast at 'Ivy's tea and coffee' with Stacey, to the chaotic atmosphere at night with the lights in Times Square and bar hopping with Jazzy. I may have walked into the office with a hang over on my forth day at work but it was worth it for the night of memories, dancing on bars and impulsively buying a brand new designer purse.

It was also worth it for Nicks reaction when I walked into the apartment at half one in the morning.

"Why the fuck did you go out on a Wednesday night drinking?" He asks in a disapproving tone.

"Dont act like you didn't have a few beverages last night when you were with Olly." I groaned, kicking off my heels.

"A few is the key words there. You're wasted." He scoffs.

"Oh boohoo." I pout, walking into my room, slamming the door behind me.

"Fine! Be like that. Don't complain when you have a headache in the morning." He calls out, slamming his own bedroom door behind him.

Maybe drinking on a Wednesday night wasn't my smartest decision, especially when I felt like a I'd been hit on the head with a hammer in the morning, but at least I could cover it up better than Jazzy who had plucked Olly's sunglasses straight from his head and carried a loaf of bread into the meeting room declaring that carbs was the only thing keeping her from barfing all over the table.

It was a Friday and the early afternoon of my first event with Astreus. "Pink" was the theme and god forbid that we had to go along with the dress code as well. I owned nothing pink. I'm a neutral person and I was beginning to panic.

"What do you mean you have nothing to wear? I packed my pink body-con dress in one of the boxes incase you needed a sexy night out." Amelia said through the phone. We had the day off so I decide to catch up with Amelia since we hadn't spoken for a few days. The last time I'd called her, I filled her in on the fact that I am living with Nick and she spat out her coffee laughing.

"Sexy night out? It's an event Ami! I'm not walking into my first business event looking like a hooker." I tell her. She gasps, placing a hand to her heart pretending to look offended.

"Are you trying to tell me I dress like a hooker?"

"Yes."

She throws her middle finger up at me and I giggle. Suddenly my bedroom door swings open and Stacey is standing in the hallway. I raise an eyebrow.

"Nick let me in. Well, technically, I barged past him, but he let me into the building." She says.

"Your friends are almost as annoying as you Charleen." Nick says, walking down the hallway in his pyjamas, rubbing his eyes. It's two in the afternoon and this guy was still half asleep.

Stacey walks into the room, placing two large bags on the floor and sitting next to me on my bed.

"Amelia, this is Stacey, Stacey, Amelia." I introduce them both.

"I've heard so much about you!" Stacey grins at Ami.

"Oh my god I love your dress! See, Inez, this is what you could be wearing if you pushed yourself out your comfort zone and wore something that wasn't black, white or neutral." Ami says. I look at Stacey and she's wearing a purple dress with white flowers.

"Dont worry, I intend to help her with that." Stacey smirks.

"Ooh ooh show her the dress Inez!" I reluctantly walk over to my wardrobe and show her the pink body-con dress. Stacey's mouth hangs open.